2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the stator output for the 2013 published somewhere?
I haven't found it, and my contacts into Cypress seem to be dragging their feet about getting this info... probably because they don't have it yet. That's speculation.

I am hoping they upped the alternator output at *least* enough to cover the new electrical loads. I can't imagine that the new fly-by-wire throttle system is going to consume all that much electrical power... and I don't really know how much power the new cruise control system will consume.

But these systems will consume *some* power, that's clear enough. So if Yamaha did nothing with the existing 590-watt oil-cooled alternator, this means that the Gen III bike will have a net loss of available power to run your electrical goodies, over the Gen II bikes. :huh:

Which, again, makes me think (erm, hope) that they upped the output a little bit. Thing is... I am hard-pressed to think they are going to get a noteworthy increase in electrical output without some configuration trickery, or a significant alternator redesign.

We should know before too long..... :unsure:
Hey Warchild ,Is there a chance of trying to get a answer on the taller 5th gear that was advertised on the Canada site? That is one thing that will help me make my mind up whether or not to pull the trigger on a III.Thanks in advance

When is Yamaha going to make a LD motorcycle that can compete with the wing? Yea, cruise and traction control up the FJR’s game but it just can’t compete with the wing. :p

Maybe the Canadians get more choices up dere by dat way.
In Canada the Colour is Yellowish Metallic Gray.

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/products.php?model=4217&section=td&group=M#contentTop
Extremely interesting item, same color as FJRPierre's false teeth!

I'm just kidding you FJRPierre, you beer stealing Canuck bastard!

2013_FJR1300A_YNM5_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the Canadians get more choices up dere by dat way.

How is this for enticing, direct from the Yammi Canada website:

Wet Weight 289 kg (637 lb)

Colour(s) Yellowish Metallic Gray

translation: We had some yz color left over, so we dumped it into the big vat of silver that asshole keeps shipping us.

When is Yamaha going to make a LD motorcycle that can compete with the wing? Yea, cruise and traction control up the FJR's game but it just can't compete with the wing. :p
Go back to your rocking chair old man.

...and GET OFF MY LAWN!! :lol:
I just plus 1'ed you Brother WheatonFJR, someone had to do this arduous nasty task and you were the very best man for this job: Well Done Soldier, for the Greater Benefit and Good of our Fine FJR Forum!

When is Yamaha going to make a LD motorcycle that can compete with the wing? Yea, cruise and traction control up the FJR's game but it just can't compete with the wing. :p

I resemble that remark so no offense taken. :) When I finish my third BBG Trifecta on a wing, which will be my 22 BBG, I will still be glad I was on a wing.

Well, if they ever do, I sure hope it isn't called an FJR. :nono:

It's nice that you like your wing and all, but I have to wonder why would you want Yamaha to come up with another one? Isn't the one Honda makes good enough? I mean what would Yamaha bring to the party that would make a Yama-Wing better than the existing Hondapotamus? :unsure:

FWIW, It appears that neither of the other big 4 (Kawasaki and Suzuki) have risen to that particular challenge either. Come to think of it, nobody makes a bike that competes with a Gold Wing for ULHTB. Maybe the closest is the new(ish) BMW 1600 in touring trim? But even that has a slightly more sporting take on "touring".

I resemble that remark so no offense taken. :) When I finish my third BBG Trifecta on a wing, which will be my 22 BBG, I will still be glad I was on a wing.

"I'm happy for ya!" :p

...NOW move along to the WingDingers forum and boast about the Wing there.

This thread is about the 2013 FJR...not your silly BBGs or what not.

FWIW, It appears that neither of the other big 4 (Kawasaki and Suzuki) have risen to that particular challenge either. Come to think of it, nobody makes a bike that competes with a Gold Wing for ULHTB. Maybe the closest is the new(ish) BMW 1600 in touring trim? But even that has a slightly more sporting take on "touring".
They all used to: Kawasaki Voyager, Yamaha Venture Royale, and Suzuki Cavalcade.

They all used to: Kawasaki Voyager, Yamaha Venture Royale, and Suzuki Cavalcade.
Exactly, but that was quite a long time ago, (back when the Honda was considerably smaller) and they all got out of that line completely.

"I'm happy for ya!" :p

...NOW move along to the WingDingers forum and boast about the Wing there.

This thread is about the 2013 FJR...not your silly BBGs or what not.
+1, Gunny; Adios, Bon Voyage, Auf Wiedersehen, Sayonara and Happy Trails to You!

When is Yamaha going to make a LD motorcycle that can compete with the wing? Yea, cruise and traction control up the FJR’s game but it just can’t compete with the wing. :p
Gee let me think ! What bike won the IBR in 2011 ? Oh yea an FJR.

I`ll have to wait a couple of years , but there will be an FJR in the garage , once again.

When I finish my third BBG Trifecta on a wing, which will be my 22 BBG, I will still be glad I was on a wing.
How are these two statements even remotely germane to a discussion about the 2013 FJR?

Two most "trollish" posts I've seen here in a long time.

Before I can make a decision to buy or not I need to know what the color is actually going to look like and how much taller the 5th gear is. Yamaha's main FJR page shows a slight greenish tint to the paint color, which I like a lot, but in the Gallery section it looks more like an ordinary silver.

I the color is right and I can get a 10% discount on a new one I may put my '04 up for sale and make the move. I guess we'll see.

HD makes competition to the wing...but...yea.

I'd rather see Yamaha make a competitor to the ZX-14 and Busa and then pass that engine and transmission over to the FJR kind of like Kawasaki did.

I did like the line from the Yamaha page:

"The FJR1300 offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders."

Three thoughts immediately came to mind:

(1) Legal required they put this out there.

(2) Reasonable statement, setting valid expectations.

(3) Likely to 'draw' in as many people as not, because they're suggesting it's 'exclusive' or restrictive in nature.

:)