2013 Hooterville/Arkansas - October 3-6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's this "Hooterville" business, anyway? Where'd that name come from?
C'mon down Doc and find out...would be nice to see ya.
punk.gif

Put me under the "Maybe" list.
Screw that...commit to this ride.

"Maybe people" rarely attend...you NEED this ride...C'mon down!
I can't plan that far in advance. Depends on the job situation. I've put it on my calendar and set up several reminders. I'll call to make the reservations this week.

Made my room reservation in Clinton. Haven't decided if I will start in Hooterville or not.

hmmmm. Birthday weekend. Open weekend for archery. or order another set of tires.
500 miles seems like an awful long way to ride in one day...

tires ordered...
On those roads it is a long way. The wheels will have to be rolling, not sitting around jawboning. Sounds like fun. I'll try.

Just bring your riding pants...don't be trailerin that thing down now!
biggrin.png
Considering I was able to do 965 miles in 17 hours straight back from SW-FOG on the S-10, I don't think that will be necessary.

Actually, I'm thinking about just riding my Wee Strom just so you won't have a problem with keep up with me.
no.gif

On the tight Arkansas roads, I've seen some Wee Stroms embarrass full-tilt sport bikes. A bunch of horsepower can be a disadvantage at times ;)

I'll need to bow out of this event. Another trip has materialized that pretty much will eat up my remaining vacation time.

Have a blast guys!

I have made hotel reservations and hope to do this ride with you guys. Had a great time on the SW Wisconsin ride and enjoyed meeting a bunch of you. I still have to work out the schedule around vacation with the wife, and will be watching weather forecast closely as that time of year can be pretty iffy - I do intend to get down there around that time frame, but being retired has its perks, one of which is a flexible schedule !! Gramps, keep in touch and maybe we can work out a ride down together - I will probably take an extra day getting back with a stop-over in Galena.........

Planning on making reservations for Clinton on Fri, Sat, and Sun night. Won't be able to do the Thu night thing but if anyone wants to meet in Springfield, MO area to ride down Fri lemme know.

I'm most likely out.
ohwell.gif
Don't think the missus is ready for me to take a multiday trip yet.

I may try and get down to Farmington on Friday and ride with you guys until lunch or so. Baby steps, ya know.