2014, 2015, or 2016?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harley is gone and cash is in hand. Time to get serious about this FJR purchase. I've got a line on a few left over 14's that are fairly close to me, all are A models. Would like to find an ES but looks like I would have to travel pretty far and I just don't have the time for that right now. Keeping the door open though. I'm pretty excited!

UPDATE - I scored a leftover 14 A model over the weekend. Made a great deal on it as it was the last and only 14 on this dealer's floor. They had two 15's on the floor, one A and one ES. I made my offer and stayed with it. I think my point that soon the 16's will be announced and this bike will be 2 years old then. They took my offer and deal. Bike didn't have a battery nor been set up yet. Had zero...0....natta mile on it.

100 miles in, I love this bike. I need to get used to turning my turn signals off again. Love the Touring and Sport mode option and what a difference in the throttle response for the two settings. Can't wait to put more miles on this baby!

What? No pics? Ban him!

biggrin.png

Will post some pics once I have a chance to take some. Love this red though and have gotten a lot of compliments on it.

Will post some pics once I have a chance to take some. Love this red though and have gotten a lot of compliments on it.
Uhhh, Red? I thought the '14s were pink! Or maybe I just matched the color with the personality of the guys that ride them! (Are you listening Hppants, G Squared, SkooterG?)

Seriously, those '14s are a great color. I was so tempted by the color alone, then with all the upgrades and refinements, that red was just the icing on the cake.

Enjoy your new bike. I hope it serves you well.

Congrats on the '14!!! I wanted one due to the hot color (arrest me red).

I saved $$$ by conceding the color and got a LUCKY '13!!!

Oldest (and cheapest) Gen3, w/ better EVERYTHING !!!

Well I suppose by now you realize that the red ones indeed are the fastest. Well not really, but they look so hot passing by, everyone THINKS they are the fastest. And when you are trying to impress the ladies with the perky boobies, that's all that counts.

Congrats and ride one, brother.

P.S. - pics, man. Pics!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I suppose by now you realize that the red ones indeed are the fastest. Well not really, but they look so hot passing by, everyone THINKS they are the fastest. And when you are trying to impress the ladies with the perky boobies, that's all that counts.Congrats and ride one, brother.P.S. - pics, man. Pics!!!
Yes, but only the perkiest of boobies.

Well I suppose by now you realize that the red ones indeed are the fastest. Well not really, but they look so hot passing by, everyone THINKS they are the fastest. And when you are trying to impress the ladies with the perky boobies, that's all that counts.Congrats and ride one, brother.P.S. - pics, man. Pics!!!
Yes, but only the perkiest of boobies.
Okay, you guys have me confused and derailed.

Are you wanting pics of FJRs, pics of FJRs that are red, or pics of perky boobies? Personally, I would be happy with pics of any of those or any combination of the three. Hell, at my age perkiness is no longer a requirement. I am not sure it ever was...

But yes, Pictures of your new FJR, red or otherwise are always welcome. Then we can nitpick all of the things you need to buy and all of the things you need to do. We are all about giving advice.

Well...I WAS asking for pics of the bike. But now that you mention it, can I change my request now?