2014 FJR 'ES' Photos.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't know. I saw the pictures of the RED 2014 and thought, WOW that is the one for me. Showed it to the wife, she said if you want it, go get it.
Unfortunately I am almost 79 years old with multiple repairs to my old body.

Have only 79,000 miles on my 04. I am only doing about 8,000 miles a year now, so it isn't nearly worn out.

Know I would never wear out a 2014 before I have to quit riding.

What to do??? That red sure is nice. What to do ?????

Longrider
As a friend told me, a few months after I retired, "The best five years of the rest of your life are the next five years - enjoy them!"

So the remaining questions are: "Can I afford it?" And "Do I REALLY want it, I.e. Will I look back in 5 years and regret NOT doing it?"Despite your "multiple repairs", you can still ride!

"Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light!

"For me, it's easy: riding the two bikes I have now (instead of buying a new one) allows me lots of fun riding - *and* we get to spend money & time traveling, while we can still walk!

But that's just me.

And I can dream & drool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Dan!

Hope you get a few rides in before the snow flies in PA. I also hope to be wearing the same grin soon, waiting for the call from D & H.

...Very nice on this bike. I would prefer the rims in silver with this color, but that is just one opinion.
I've been looking at pics of the 2014 model, and agree with RFH...that red looks great on the FJR, but the black wheels just don't look right to me. It seems that a lot of people on this forum prefer black wheels, but I've always preferred silver. Black tires and black wheels...too much black. And then there's the 2009 FJR, which I've never been a fan of (no offense to '09 owners); black bike, black wheels, black tires. A never-ending expanse of black. Too stealthy for me. My buddy has a 2008 FJR...black bike, silver wheels. That I could live with.

Regarding RFH's trusty old ST1300; at least it has the best color combo (in my humble, yet worthless, opinion); metallic blue paint with silver wheels. So you've got that going for you, which is nice. Not that I'm biased or anything...but my 2006 FJR and 1997 YZF-600R are both blue/silver. I even have my wife convinced about the awesomeness of blue/silver...she sees them parked in the garage and once commented, "ya know, those two Yamahas are sexy bitches..." I won't argue with her.

It is hard to justify buying a new bike when there is nothing wrong with the old bike. Then the little customizing things that don't cost much but all add up to $$$. My riding gear is all blue to match the ST...
That's no joke right there. I bought my FJR in March 2011, so I'm still getting to know it. It had 9200 miles on it when I bought it. It's now at 31000...just getting broken in. It had no farkles installed when I bought it, so it took a while to get it set up for my touring needs. That wasn't cheap. Autocom, Sargent seats, OEM heated grips, Givi V46 top case/rack, Fuzeblock, Powerlet plug, paint protectors, Tailblazers, helmet locks, GPS mount, Hella FF50s/brackets, G2 throttle tube, PC V, and a tank bag. That shit added up to $2400. Ouch. I wish I hadn't looked at my list. Needless to say, as beautiful and advanced as the 2014 FJR is, I think I'll be keeping mine for a while. At least until it has 100K miles on it.

Oh, but I'm not totally against the new FJR...if I had a choice between an older ST1300 and a shiny new red FJR, I'd definitely go Yamaha. Maybe wait a year (waiting sucks, though) and get a closeout deal on a '14 when the '15s are coming out.

Yeah....so I was pretty damn happy driving home from Memphis last night with my first FJR.

fjr1.JPG
Congrats on the '14 Dan!

Hopefully you're able to get a few rides in before the salt trucks come out...

--G

Yeah....so I was pretty damn happy driving home from Memphis last night with my first FJR.
Snow is in the very near forecast here (PA) so I decided to haul it the 950 miles home in my pickup.

fjr1.JPG
Congrats!! Bike looks gooooooooooooood!!!

Congrats!!! The bike looks great and you look happy.

We (my wife and I) are looking forward to when we get the call to pick our two ES's up. Kind of glad it's almost winter because otherwise we would be much more anxious.

When warmer weather comes, why don't you take a trip to upstate NY and we'll go for a ride.

Jim

Thanks guys......I'll try for some outdoor pics tomorrow.

There's no other color in the red than just the cherry red - the lighting can play tricks on your eyes.

fjr4.JPG

fjr5.JPG

Thanks guys......I'll try for some outdoor pics tomorrow.
There's no other color in the red than just the cherry red - the lighting can play tricks on your eyes.

fjr4.JPG

fjr5.JPG
Oh how i want one!!!!

Thanks for the pics kk2an! Good looking, now all I have to do is wait for mine to come in! (Used to waiting, did it for the '03)

Found on another forum a few pics of a '14 with the Canyon Cage guards on it, page 3, post #24: https://tinyurl.com/lcesndl

That is the strangest damned paint. I took several pics of it in the dealership and not once did the color ever come close to matching. No pic of this bike matches the paint color.

I loved the way the red looked in person yet somehow it always has some pinkish orange tint in the pics.

That is the strangest damned paint. I took several pics of it in the dealership and not once did the color ever come close to matching. No pic of this bike matches the paint color....
There are some colors that give digital cameras indigestion, red is one of those colors. RAW has its moments, like shooting red motorcycles and red roses but RAW isn't simple photography.

Can someone please photoshop the same red on the silver panels (both the one on the inside knee by the gas tank and the other long silver panel in front of the side bag)? I just want to see what that would look like and I stink at photoshop. I may want to paint those items red...or maybe black....or maybe not at all. I guess I could get my crayons out LOL

Can someone please photoshop the same red on the silver panels (both the one on the inside knee by the gas tank and the other long silver panel in front of the side bag)? I just want to see what that would look like and I stink at photoshop. I may want to paint those items red...or maybe black....or maybe not at all. I guess I could get my crayons out LOL
I hope you'll keep those wheels black!?

You and Jim enjoy, hopefully we'll meet up again so I can admire your new twins :)

You may want to try wrapping the panels Carbon Black. See below. That might be a nice touch on the red bike (combined with the black rims and side panel)

IMG_0604_zps958e89d1.jpg

You may want to try wrapping the panels Carbon Black. See below. That might be a nice touch on the red bike (combined with the black rims and side panel)
IMG_0604_zps958e89d1.jpg
That looks great! Did you do this yourself?