2014 FJR1300 Cruise Control. ......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not very polite to call a policeman a pig.
You are so right, I meant to say El Pendejo Grande Puto y Chingasa Cabron Bastardo el Puerco!

FOOTNOTE: It was a joke Dude and you can easily substitute Armadillo or Burro for Pig, I've been on the phone twice already today discussing NM and other items with AJ 'Zilla (we talk almost weekly, ese!).
I don't think Google Translate is really up to the job, but I get the drift.

FOOTNOTE: Yes, I knew that, but I was hoping to rile you just a little, but you're obviously in too good a mood.

PS. Still going to Scotland next year? A cruise control above 80 wouldn't be very useful there, the only roads where you might be non-suicidal at those speeds have cameras on them. Desperately trying to stay on topic.

Whether it's available from Yamaha or some reputable third-party, I'd love to get the CC max increased and I'm willing to pay for it too. Hell, knowing it's available on the lipstick red 2014 makes the bike more attractive to me. :)

Hell, knowing it's available in the lipstick red 2014 makes the bike more attractive to me.
smile.png
Because it looks like a pig?
uhoh.gif

Good catch!

Scooter,

Please use your considerable influence with Yamaha to convince them to give a fix for this to us poor '13 owners--it's only right since it was an obvious errror on their part and has now been corrected. I could live with 100MPH, just not 80.
I would gladly take that POS 13 off yer hands as it has obviously dropped considerably in value.
Not a chance--I love my '13 otherwise, but, believe me, in real world use the 80MPH limit is too low. I went on a trip to the Smokies in May with my buddy on his '12 BMW K1600GT (no stupid low CC limit) and many times on various interstates I really needed to set at about 85-90 just to keep from being run over, and I'm not just talking about the left lane.

No, I don't expect Yamaha to upgrade this for free, but it seems (since they listened and fixed this) that from a PR standpoint they could work this out for some reasonable cost for us '13 owners. Maybe I'm just living a pipe dream, but that's the sort of action that keeps brand loyalty.

It's not very polite to call a policeman a pig.
You are so right, I meant to say El Pendejo Grande Puto y Chingasa Cabron Bastardo el Puerco!

FOOTNOTE: It was a joke Dude and you can easily substitute Armadillo or Burro for Pig, I've been on the phone twice already today discussing NM and other items with AJ 'Zilla (we talk almost weekly, ese!).
I don't think Google Translate is really up to the job, but I get the drift.

FOOTNOTE: Yes, I knew that, but I was hoping to rile you just a little, but you're obviously in too good a mood.

PS. Still going to Scotland next year? A cruise control above 80 wouldn't be very useful there, the only roads where you might be non-suicidal at those speeds have cameras on them. Desperately trying to stay on topic.
mcatrophy I am indeed in a very good mood, tomorrow is my 65th Birthday and today I got to see old FJR Friends I had not seen in many years on a ride to Joe's BBQ in Wikieup, Arizona. FJR Forum Admin Galaxy Blue - Adam K, Big-D - Dan C. and so many others from the Kingman and Lake Havasu region that came to wish me a Happy B-Day.

To Keep this On Topic: If you ever have an opportunity to fly into Phoenix you are cordially invited to ride my 2013 FJR with Factory Cruise Control, supplemented by a Throttlemeister.

Now in 2015 I am getting heavy pressure from my AZ Beemers Club Amigos to lead a two week moto excursion to Spain, Andorra, Gibraltar and Portugal, this run may replace Scotland eh!

Last edited by a moderator:
mcatrophy I am indeed in a very good mood, tomorrow is my 65th Birthday and today I got to see old FJR Friends I had not seen in many years on a ride to Joe's BBQ in Wikieup, Arizona. FJR Forum Admin Galaxy Blue - Adam K, Big-D - Dan C. and so many others from the Kingman and Lake Havasu region that came to wish me a Happy B-Day.

To Keep this On Topic: If you ever have an opportunity to fly into Phoenix you are cordially invited to ride my 2013 FJR with Factory Cruise Control, supplemented by a Throttlemeister.

Now in 2015 I am getting heavy pressure from my AZ Beemers Club Amigos to lead a two week moto excursion to Spain, Andorra, Gibraltar and Portugal, this run may replace Scotland eh!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks for the cruise-control test ride, if I do come that way I'll try to look you up.

Sounds like a goodly ride for you in 2015. I'm going to Spain and Portugal in April next year, there are some nice roads. Keep off the cruise-control main routes where possible, they're boring. And take some reading matter for the crossing to Gibraltar, there's usually some resistance to crossing by the authorities. But please, don't get political.

[edit] You can see some of my previous Iberian routes here, might give you some ideas. [/edit]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks for the cruise-control test ride, if I do come that way I'll try to look you up.

Sounds like a goodly ride for you in 2015. I'm going to Spain and Portugal in April next year, there are some nice roads. Keep off the cruise-control main routes where possible, they're boring. And take some reading matter for the crossing to Gibraltar, there's usually some resistance to crossing by the authorities. But please, don't get political.

[edit] You can see some of my previous Iberian routes here, might give you some ideas. [/edit]
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/150808-tuscany-by-scooter-in-2014-with-edelweiss-couples-tour/page-1 In case you are free next Fall, 15 of we FJR Forumites will be assembling in Florence. As soon as I know our week long base hotel and its address I will send you that information, I will also be sending it to Orestes - David Clarke of Chatham, Kent and to Miss Tyler's friend Sally from near Gatwick. Orestes rode to Italy in August of 2012 to ride the Dolomites with us.

On Cruise Control Topic: I will copy all FJR Forum posts regarding Cruise Control issues and read them while waiting in the queue for Gibraltar. I am an OLD Spanish Traveler and have been to Gibraltar before, my first visit was in 1970 on leave from US Army Germany aboard my 1966 BMW R60/2, I love riding Spain!

Muchas Gracias para Espana mapas, mi Buen Amigo. With your kind permisión, I'm going to move them to the AZ Beemers Forum website for my Kraut Krap Freund to examine, Jawohl Arnie!

Irishman BeemerDonS (left) and Englishman Orestes dipping our toes into the Atlantic en Asturias, Espana:

IMG_0346.jpg

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/150808-tuscany-by-scooter-in-2014-with-edelweiss-couples-tour/page-1 In case you are free next Fall, 15 of we FJR Forumites will be assembling in Florence. As soon as I know our week long base hotel and its address I will send you that information, I will also be sending it to Orestes - David Clarke of Chatham, Kent and to Miss Tyler's friend Sally from near Gatwick. Orestes rode to Italy in August of 2012 to ride the Dolomites with us.

On Cruise Control Topic: I will copy all FJR Forum posts regarding Cruise Control issues and read them while waiting in the queue for Gibraltar. I am an OLD Spanish Traveler and have been to Gibraltar before, my first visit was in 1970 on leave from US Army Germany aboard my 1966 BMW R60/2, I love riding Spain!

Muchas Gracias para Espana mapas, mi Buen Amigo. With your kind permisión, I'm going to move them to the AZ Beemers Forum website for my Kraut Krap Freund to examine, Jawohl Arnie!
You obviously know Spain much better than I do! (And,as you know, when on the major roads, the cruise control is a very welcome accessory.)

No problem using any of my stuff, only hope it's of some interest.

I've done very little in Italy, just on one tour going through to Greece and back, written up here. Greece has some 130kph limits (80.7783mph. If I ever get a Gen III at least I will expect the 100mph limit on my CC).

Good to read the '14 C/C issue has been addressed.

Skooter - I'm envious of your job. I weeded through 7 pages of this excited to get your impressions of the FZ-09. I've read a lot about this bike and on paper, it seems like a hoot - a great day tripper or canyon carver to compliment the long legs of the FJR. I'd really like to know what you think about it.

Last night I was reading Motorcycle Consumer News and there was a blip about the '14 FJR. I was drooling and day dreaming about it - I really like the red color. My wife walked by and asked me what I was starring at so intently. I poked my chest out and proclaimed:

"Mama - one day I'm gonna pluck down a bucket load of money and buy a new motorcycle."

To which she replied with raised eyebrows:

"Not tomorrow though, right?"

(exhaling)

"No Ma'am".

According to the 2014 Owners Manual, Top set speed for Cruise is 100mph
Clipboard01_zps18580d1b.jpg
God damn it! I buy the 13 and miss out on the Sweet assed new red color and the fixed Cruise control. I feel like a rolling road block runnning on the interstates up here at 80 MPH. I swear I get passed by little old ladies in Buicks around here that run over 80.
$750 for 20mph? That's $37.50 per MPH...Prolly not worth it for most.
Oh it cost a lot more than $750.00 for me to gain 20 MPH on the cruise control but the red paint is nice.
uhoh.gif

I haven't had time to do complete testing of my 2014 gen III, only two rides so far 486 miles over ten hours and 491 over thirteen hours. I love the CC. First ride no problems. Second a couple issues. Hitting some bigger bumps knocked cruise off. Kinda, sorta to be expected. Next, late in the day I engaged CC then at around 75mph I hit set. The bike lurched, slowed maybe a mph or two, caught, then resumed to the 75. This happened several times but definitely not every time. I hope, on a separate issue, riding along around 70mph, all lights and instruments flashed off then came right back on almost instantaneously. Did not not go into startup mode and I did not feel the engine quit. This was right out of the blue. Just rolling along. Bought bike at 1.4K and now has about 2.?K. Have initial warranty and Y.E.S. Is there a way to check service record through Yamaha?

I haven't had time to do complete testing of my 2014 gen III, only two rides so far 486 miles over ten hours and 491 over thirteen hours. I love the CC. First ride no problems. Second a couple issues. Hitting some bigger bumps knocked cruise off. Kinda, sorta to be expected. Next, late in the day I engaged CC then at around 75mph I hit set. The bike lurched, slowed maybe a mph or two, caught, then resumed to the 75. This happened several times but definitely not every time. I hope, on a separate issue, riding along around 70mph, all lights and instruments flashed off then came right back on almost instantaneously. Did not not go into startup mode and I did not feel the engine quit. This was right out of the blue. Just rolling along. Bought bike at 1.4K and now has about 2.?K. Have initial warranty and Y.E.S. Is there a way to check service record through Yamaha?
All lights and instruments flashing off probably means a loose connection, check the battery in particular, but why the instruments didn't go into start-up mode I can't say.
The CC disengaging over bumps can be expected if the bump is sufficient for the rear wheel to lose grip, slip will be detected and that will disengage the CC.

My CC sets smoothly at any speed up to our 70mph limit (75 indicated). And I am absolutely sure it would set above 80 smoothly, though of course I haven't ever been at that speed with it ;) .

Going to check battery connections today and reset any breakers, fuzes etc. I put a battery charger pig tail in day before yesterday. It is hot but might still be causing an interrupt. That does not explain the CC behavior. I'm going to test that out tomorrow. If I can contact Yamaha and get any service information it might help. If it happened before there is a possibility I could have a bad ECU or whatever it is that controls the CC.