2014ES discount in CA?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the topic. It may be a while before you're going to find a new ES in California for less than msrp. Supply and Demand dictates that while supply is low - few ES's were shipped to CA - and there is a good demand, the pie`ces will stay elevated. Your best luck will be too contact dealers via phone or email to see if any have an ES on their showroom floor or local warehouse. If it is not already spoken for, you may get a little off retail price so they can sell the inventory instead of it sitting and not making them any profit.

Reno dealers used to carry Cal emissions vehicles many, many years ago. Might be worth a phone call...

Good luck!

--G

Where else can you ride 365 days a year? :)
Erm.....Florida??? Hawaii?? Arizona?? New Mexico?? Texas?? Louisiana?? Alabama?? Georgia?? Mississippi?? South Carolina??

Gosh, some of you Kali boys SURE are a near-sighted bunch of peckerwoods, ain't ya?!?!
Ride 365 days a year on.

Try this word, "Elevation". 33 peaks over 10,000 feet and lowest elevation is 282 feet below sea level.

Roads, 387,000 miles of maintained roads and lots more dirt and gravel to explore. I can ride from sea level to 10,000 feet before lunch.

Can that be done in another state? I don't know but educate me, I love to learn new stuff.

And I do wear reading glasses, but don't know what a peckerwood is.
bike.gif
punk.gif
withstupidsmiley.gif
argue.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up my ES today at Capitol Yamaha in Sacramento (I actually bought my 05 from them long ago). I put $100 down a few weeks ago over the phone, waited patiently for the boat to paddle over, didn't pay list (unlike the "other" dealer in the area wanted), AND got the 4 year YES thrown in. Talk to Peter, tell him Dan sent you, and maybe you can work something out. He's trying to get their small, long time Yamaha shop back in the game, so maybe he'll cut you an even better deal than I got! Can't hurt to call.
coolsmiley02.gif

Very friendly people over there and once you buy a bike there, you get free tire mounting for life on it . . . told me that even if I buy the tires elsewhere and bring them in, they'll mount em free.

Just picked up my ES today at Capitol Yamaha in Sacramento (I actually bought my 05 from them long ago). I put $100 down a few weeks ago over the phone, waited patiently for the boat to paddle over, didn't pay list (unlike the "other" dealer in the area wanted), AND got the 4 year YES thrown in. Talk to Peter, tell him Dan sent you, and maybe you can work something out. He's trying to get their small, long time Yamaha shop back in the game, so maybe he'll cut you an even better deal than I got! Can't hurt to call.
coolsmiley02.gif

Very friendly people over there and once you buy a bike there, you get free tire mounting for life on it . . . told me that even if I buy the tires elsewhere and bring them in, they'll mount em free.
Thanks for all who replied. I emailed a few and they all ask for mrsp. I'll do some more checkings over the weekend.

That's incredible service that they gave you free tire mounting for life.

I got some more email replies and they said they are willing to match price. What's a reasonable price that I should ask them to match?

MSRP - x% and no freight/setup? What should the 'x' be? 0, 2, 5, 10...?

It has been years that I bought a new bike so please forgive me.

Thanks.

Too bad you can't get a 49-state bike like this. As for your offer, I would say $1000 less than MSRP and they do not include any dealer fees. That would be a decent stating point and if you get to MSRP including all fees (but still need to add tax) you can consider yourself a winner!

Too bad you can't get a 49-state bike like this. As for your offer, I would say $1000 less than MSRP and they do not include any dealer fees. That would be a decent stating point and if you get to MSRP including all fees (but still need to add tax) you can consider yourself a winner!
Thanks! Appreciate it.

Just got another email from another dealer offering $16900 OTD. Given that the tax is 9.75% where I live. I guess that's really good.

Call Red Bluff Yamaha, I got a great deal on my '13. No bs kind of place. They did have a '14 on the floor last time I was in.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Just got another email from another dealer offering $16900 OTD. Given that the tax is 9.75% where I live. I guess that's really good.
If that is OTD including sales tax, that is not bad! $16,900/1.0975 = $15,398 before tax! That's very good. Just make sure it is an ES...some dealers don't realize there are two models with a difference in price.

I know this is the pot calling the kettle black BUT:
Remind me why people live in California. Is there one good reason?

Gosh, I can't wait to get out.

Dave
Here ya go........https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/156657-why-would-anyone-want-to-live-in-california/

Here's my reasons.......

If you're a motorcyclist it's the "only" place to live! A riders paradise!

It's the "only" state where you can ride the mountains, desert and the coast in "one" day!!

As far as expensive, if you don't live near the ocean home prices are about average.

For instance,you can find a 3 bedroom ranch style home in the Inland Empire area or some desert areas for about 150,000 or less if you look.

If you like 4 seasons you can find homes in the mountain areas for less than that!

I like the Tehachapi area of So Cal (almost central).

It's a small town with a lot of retirees just South of Bakersfield in the foothills.

It's very close to some "awesome" riding near the Kernville area.

Erm.....Florida??? Hawaii?? Arizona?? New Mexico?? Texas?? Louisiana?? Alabama?? Georgia?? Mississippi?? South Carolina??

Gosh, some of you Kali boys SURE are a near-sighted bunch of peckerwoods, ain't ya?!?!
He should have said "where else can you ride to the mountains, the desert and the ocean coast "all" in the same day"

You can eliminate those states now.
bye.gif

BTW......Hawaii has 40mph speed limits on their roads, not fun at all.

To the OEM poster.......The 14 FJR is a Hot seller, probably tough to find a dealer willing to discount now.

Many dealers don't even have one that I've stopped in recently!

Might want to wait till next fall if you can, but might not be any available then either.

He should have said "where else can you ride to the mountains, the desert and the ocean coast "all" in the same day"
Shoulda, woulda, coulda...I responded directly to his BS statement.

The Blue Ridge Parkway speed limit is "only" 45mph, but it's STILL a ton-of-fun for all of its 470 miles.

Some folks don't necessarily equate fun riding with squidly riding.

Keep shopping for the best deal in state.

I believe it's 7,500 miles and 6 months old but it may be best to talk to DMV before buying a new out of state bike as they are the final answer.

Ca bashing? Whatever floats your boat. There are plenty of reasons to hate the state but within 5 minutes from my home I can be on the dirt in Tahoe National Forest or carving up the twisties all day long-year round. Works for me :)

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...I responded directly to his BS statement.

The Blue Ridge Parkway speed limit is "only" 45mph, but it's STILL a ton-of-fun for all of its 470 miles.

Some folks don't necessarily equate fun riding with squidly riding.
Harley speed.

Wasn't talking about "squidly" riding, just a nice swift pace.

A squid to me is a guy popping wheelies going down a crowded freeway.

Even at 45 I guess you could try and push it to 60 to have some fun.

Call them and it was "oops, it was a 1300A". But they said they will sell of $18k OTD for a 2014 ES.

I guess it's still good. It's $16.4k before tax and no fees.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

If that is OTD including sales tax, that is not bad! $16,900/1.0975 = $15,398 before tax! That's very good. Just make sure it is an ES...some dealers don't realize there are two models with a difference in price.
That is a great deal for a Cal spec ES!

--G

I know of one dealer where you surely WON'T get a discount on an FJR. Chaparral Motorsports in Riverside. Last time I was there a few weeks ago, there were no 2014's to be seen, but they did have a leftover 2012 model. Their asking price? $17440, including freight and setup. They won't budge from that. Then you gotta pay sales tax. I know two guys that have made reasonable offers on that bike, but both were rejected. I'm not sure how long they intend to keep a 2012 on the floor, but you'd have to be insane to pay that much for a 2-model-year-old bike. I like Chaparral for tires and accessories, and I bought my YZF-600R new from them back in 1997 for a reasonable price. If I were currently in the market for a new bike, I'd go anywhere but Chaparral.

I'm actually glad I'm not in the market...the new red color is okay, but I hate the black wheels. I'm perfectly happy to keep my Cobalt Blue '06 with silver wheels, at least until it has 150K miles on it.