2014ES discount in CA?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call them and it was "oops, it was a 1300A". But they said they will sell of $18k OTD for a 2014 ES.I guess it's still good. It's $16.4k before tax and no fees.
Better than I got and best I've heard of in CA . . . if they come through, that is. If you can get it in writing and lock in with a deposit, I'd go for it!

I know of one dealer where you surely WON'T get a discount on an FJR. Chaparral Motorsports in Riverside. Last time I was there a few weeks ago, there were no 2014's to be seen, but they did have a leftover 2012 model. Their asking price? $17440, including freight and setup. They won't budge from that. Then you gotta pay sales tax. I know two guys that have made reasonable offers on that bike, but both were rejected. I'm not sure how long they intend to keep a 2012 on the floor, but you'd have to be insane to pay that much for a 2-model-year-old bike. I like Chaparral for tires and accessories, and I bought my YZF-600R new from them back in 1997 for a reasonable price. If I were currently in the market for a new bike, I'd go anywhere but Chaparral.
I'm actually glad I'm not in the market...the new red color is okay, but I hate the black wheels. I'm perfectly happy to keep my Cobalt Blue '06 with silver wheels, at least until it has 150K miles on it.
Thanks for the input. I used to go to Chaparral to get my gears. The other store that sells everything at MSRP is BERT motorcycle in Azusa. Wonder how they survive...

I have been in Chaparral at least 3 times in the last few months and that blue 2012 looks to be a permanent fixture, and I have told the sales folks it will rot there until they take a big markdown. Still full sticker price with exorbitant dealer fees the last visit. They did have a loaded Super Tenere up on a display stand they finally sold a couple weeks ago, I think it was a 2012 also. Berts is the same way........they do have more markdowns than Chaparral but they try, I suspect in vain, to extract the $1,500 in dealer fees on most machines.

I have always looked for ways around the 7,500 miles on used machines, but it clearly states those 7,500 miles have to be on the bike before you purchase. No long rides before you sign it off.

I know of one dealer where you surely WON'T get a discount on an FJR. Chaparral Motorsports in Riverside. Last time I was there a few weeks ago, there were no 2014's to be seen, but they did have a leftover 2012 model. Their asking price? $17440, including freight and setup. They won't budge from that. Then you gotta pay sales tax. I know two guys that have made reasonable offers on that bike, but both were rejected. I'm not sure how long they intend to keep a 2012 on the floor, but you'd have to be insane to pay that much for a 2-model-year-old bike. I like Chaparral for tires and accessories, and I bought my YZF-600R new from them back in 1997 for a reasonable price. If I were currently in the market for a new bike, I'd go anywhere but Chaparral.
I'm actually glad I'm not in the market...the new red color is okay, but I hate the black wheels. I'm perfectly happy to keep my Cobalt Blue '06 with silver wheels, at least until it has 150K miles on it.
Thanks for the input. I used to go to Chaparral to get my gears. The other store that sells everything at MSRP is BERT motorcycle in Azusa. Wonder how they survive...
I use them both to try on apparel. Then I go online with a part or model number and buy what I want for significantly less. They're both giant display stores.

Bert's is probably the best price around on mounting & balancing new tires though.

Bert's is probably the best price around on mounting & balancing new tires though.
I stopped having CHAPERRAL (Berts main competitor in So Cal) mount my tires after they....

1. Scratched the Hell out of my rim.

2. Left 2 front fork pinch bolts loose.

I'm riding home on the freeway and the bike keeps pulling to one side when I brake.

Stopped on the shoulder didn't notice anything.

Still doing it all the way home, get in my driveway and look at the front end again and 2 pinch bolts on one side are working their way OUT!!!

They have young kids doing the tire changes, nuff said!

Last edited by a moderator: