2015 Big Money Rally - Jan 1 thru May 23

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lunch with some new recruits that I strong-armed, um, I mean, encouraged to join in the fun! :lol:

20141212200702-1212141203_resized-1024x576.jpg

Just an update... have been having a blast on this year's rally - found some great new roads, some right in my own backyard... just finished a recently added theme that was good for only 24 hours... it was dedicated to Leonard Nimoy and was a word bonus category that related to his most beloved character, Spock... words like chapel, galaxy, academy, enterprise, logic, prosper, stun, phaser, romulan, trek, pointy, fascinating, kirk, cadet, federation, etc. The theme started at 12:00AM on Thursday and you could only get two words per hour (codes had to be shown to prove it was within the correct timeframe).

I rode from midnight to 4AM (first time riding that late... kind of felt like Batman...
laugh.png
), home for a couple hours of sleep, picked up four more, half day at work, then back out from 6PM to midnight before I headed home, had a beer, and then passed out. It was a really fun theme and a nice tribute to Mr. Nimoy.

I do have to say though, I kind of feel like this today...
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember last year having to ride 2 hours each way around midnight to catch 2 zip code of the day bonii in a row. For points I could count on one hand. If this isn't the behavior of an addict, I don't know what is..

The video of the meerkat was hilarious.

Sounds like a fun rally Tyler. Wish I could recollect my rallies with the same clarity you can, but too often I feel like that meerkat.

It is a fun rally. Lots of time to ride so no falling asleep or or rising at night. :) Unless you want to of course. It is my first rally of any kind. I scored enough points to finish last weekend with a 400 mile ride from Atlanta to Cheraholla Skyway, to the tail of the dragon, and running Moonshiner (28) from Deals Gap south to Highlands then back home. Dawn to dusk. It was a great way to score finishing points. :)

It is a fun rally. Lots of time to ride so no falling asleep or or rising at night. :) Unless you want to of course. It is my first rally of any kind. I scored enough points to finish last weekend with a 400 mile ride from Atlanta to Cheraholla Skyway, to the tail of the dragon, and running Moonshiner (28) from Deals Gap south to Highlands then back home. Dawn to dusk. It was a great way to score finishing points. :)
It's addicting, ain't it? Congrats on the finish! You going to keep going for bronze?? B)

It's addicting, ain't it? Congrats on the finish! You going to keep going for bronze??
cool.png
I don't know.. It is not looking likely. Too many business trips and other events going on.
fool.gif

Gotta agree: I'm in for each Big Money Rally coming along.

Reno John's "instant-post/almost-instant-scoring" thing is really cool. Should have expected as much from a guy who used to hang out here.

Headed to Celina (TN) this weekend.
Wish I could be there but have family obligations this weekend... will be with you in spirit!
cool.png
Ya know Tyler, you *could* could pop over and grab the Celina in California
I could but my mum just had surgery so I'll be visiting her this weekend for moral support... a challenge to balance our desires and reality. ;)

It's addicting, ain't it? Congrats on the finish! You going to keep going for bronze??
cool.png
I don't know.. It is not looking likely. Too many business trips and other events going on.
fool.gif
Never say never... ;)

Reno John's "instant-post/almost-instant-scoring" thing is really cool. Should have expected as much from a guy who used to hang out here.
It's a pretty sweet setup, imo... love the grass roots aspect about it... lots of folks participating in lots of ways just to create a really cool event. B)

Agree. His website is, from a tech perspective, is awesome. I wonder how that hick did it.

OK, I'm using my kids in Charlotte as a hotel to do a three-day BMR run this weekend, and damn if it's forecast to rain all day Saturday and Sunday. Can't put it off because the point values slide if I nab them in May. OK so they slide very little, but they are worth less in May, and the rally ends May 23.

Should be bronzed if I can collect all as planned. Fingers crossed for "heavy cloud, but no rain".

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I'm using my kids in Charlotte as a hotel to do a three-day BMR run this weekend, and damn if it's forecast to rain all day Saturday and Sunday. Can't put it off because the point values slide if I nab them in May. OK so they slide very little, but they are worth less in May, and the rally ends May 23.
Should be bronzed if I can collect all as planned. Fingers crossed for "heavy cloud, but no rain".
Aw c'mon... what's a little rain?? There are nutters riding in the snow... you've got good rain gear, right? Go for it!! B)