2015 Big Money Rally - Jan 1 thru May 23

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be lucky if I can make finisher, never mind a medal. Still working on collecting the stuff within a day's ride. Those word match bonuses sure aren't worth much.

Tyler, I thought you'd be amused; I was "Self-Bruced" on the movie bonus at the Gazebo in Keene, NH. It sits right in the middle of a big two lane rotary (roundabout) in the very center of downtown Keene. I was there in the afternoon, and the traffic was pretty heavy. There was just no place to stop the bike safely and get it in the photo, so I said, "See ya!" and rode down the block and got the Couthouse tag instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be lucky if I can make finisher, never mind a medal. Still working on collecting the stuff within a day's ride. Those word match bonuses sure aren't worth much.
Tyler, I thought you'd be amused; I was "Self-Bruced" on the movie bonus at the Gazebo in Keene, NH. It sits right in the middle of a big two lane rotary (roundabout) in the very center of downtown Keene. I was there in the afternoon, and the traffic was pretty heavy. There was just no place to stop the bike safely and get it in the photo, so I said, "See ya!" and rode down the block and got the Couthouse tag instead.
You can do it, Fred - MoBob made finisher in a day... you still have almost a month!! Aim for the higher point stuff (i.e. courthouses, movies, PK, etc.) and if there are some word bonuses along the way, grab them too... they can add up along with the others. ;)

I was in SF on a Saturday afternoon a couple of months ago and the traffic was hideous so I said, "NOPE!" and got the hell out of there. Went back a couple of weeks later early on a Sunday morning and bagged everything I wanted in about an hour... easy peasy. You know where that gazebo is so go back and get it when there isn't any traffic (P.S. there's always the sidewalk... damhik). :D

January is traditionally rich in points as far as the 1st bonus pack is concerned. Especially in the colder parts of the country. Points value decline month to month from there. Word match theme was worth a bunch then, not worth much now, that opportunity has passed.

This year the rally was extremely front loaded, as is evident by the points stack people were sitting on even before the 2nd bonus pack was released. Traditionally this is not so.

Usually the 2nd bonus pack is designed to provide some rich and easy pickings - points wise to help people finish, this time around since the rally was front loaded so much, the 2nd bonus pack isn't quite what it used to be. There are still a crap load of bonii from the 1st pack that very few people have picked up, so the 2nd pack it seems is intentionally light.

It's possible to still finish, you have a full month to do so, even I need to get my boy feeger out riding as well, but he seems to have other concerns and understandably so, I don't think he is too concerned about finishing.

It's possible to still finish, you have a full month to do so, even I need to get my boy feeger out riding as well, but he seems to have other concerns and understandably so, I don't think he is too concerned about finishing.
At this point for him, I think it's just about getting out and enjoying the ride... no matter if he finishes in point value, he is still a finisher imho just for still being here! ;)

At this point for him, I think it's just about getting out and enjoying the ride... no matter if he finishes in point value, he is still a finisher imho just for still being here!
wink.png
That is true, which is why I haven't been pushing him. I understand what he is going through, and I am there to help, not just with riding, but anything-else as well, and I know there are a lot of other things much more important and beneficial to him than just riding.

At this point for him, I think it's just about getting out and enjoying the ride... no matter if he finishes in point value, he is still a finisher imho just for still being here!
wink.png
That is true, which is why I haven't been pushing him. I understand what he is going through, and I am there to help, not just with riding, but anything-else as well, and I know there are a lot of other things much more important and beneficial to him than just riding.
Like good friends... :wub:

wink.png
Like good friends...
wub.png
+1
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Posted my final BMR15 bonus this morning, 15 minutes from the house, placing me 0.17 points into Silver. Will be signing up for BMR16 as soon as registration opens.

It's a barrel of fun, y'all.

5b701a7f-7cf3-4d4a-9a92-b08b48530cd0_zpsngwdopph.jpg

PS: FredW's finished; Tyler's double-gold; lots of other FJR photos in the rally, but haven't connected other Forum screen names to the [slightly unsettling] real-name features of the BMR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I hear you about the real names. Also, one of the reasons, that if I sign up again for the BMR, I would be using an alias. Probably puppychow. :)

I like being somewhat incognito. :)