2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me pull out all the new information from the French road test:

...Ride by Wire and injection mapping set with onions...the engine also meets a use more "racing", but not tourjours exploitable...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made the deposit, and dealer says 4 to 6 weeks till the new blue rocket is in here (upstate NY). Should be a great day when this cowboy takes delivery. Been on my 2005 since new, ...58,700 miles on her. Betting the 2016 will feel a whole lot more refined and convenient. You only live once and "you can't take it with you" !!!

Let us know if the US version comes with onions in the throttle mapping. (Surprised the French FJRs don't come with garlic instead of onions.)

I just got a call from D&H. My bike was released yesterday and they are thinking they'll have it next week. I probably won't see it until the shipper get's it to me in Seattle the 3rd week of March.

Group of '16 FJR's in Almeria (Spain):

171.jpg
172.jpg
173.jpg
174.jpg
175.jpg
176.jpg
177.jpg
178.jpg
179.jpg
180.jpg
181.jpg
182.jpg
183.jpg
184.jpg
185.jpg
186.jpg
187.jpg
188.jpg
189.jpg
190.jpg

Great pics. Thanks for sharing those! BTW, I like the hip bag you're using. That'd be real handy when stopping often to check out the area.

Let us know if the US version comes with onions in the throttle mapping. (Surprised the French FJRs don't come with garlic instead of onions.)
I am surprised the French ones don't come with life jackets given their propensity to find water abruptly!!

I just got a call from Renaa at D&H. My bike is in. VIN xxx0039. The shipper will be picking it up 2 weeks from today and I'll have it the following weekend.

I just got a call from Renaa at D&H. My bike is in. VIN xxx0039. The shipper will be picking it up 2 weeks from today and I'll have it the following weekend.

Just curious, what are the starting codes of the VIN in the US in 2016?

In Europe we have the JYARP281xxxxxxxxx for the A version and the JYARP28?xxxxxxxxx for the ES??

In Europe we have the JYARP281xxxxxxxxx for the A version and the JYARP28?xxxxxxxxx for the ES??
JYARP30E3GAxxxxxxx

JYARP30E3GAxxxxxxx
And that is the ES I guess?

Congrats on the new bike BTW