4000 mile service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a broken record! I changed mine in my 07 at 19K because I thought I detected a slight increase in vibration. The original plugs looked perfect, the vibes seemed to quiet down a bit. I've decided to change them at 16k next time.

Sounds like a broken record! I changed mine in my 07 at 19K because I thought I detected a slight increase in vibration. The original plugs looked perfect, the vibes seemed to quiet down a bit. I've decided to change them at 16k next time.
I've the vibes too but I think it is due for a throttle body synchronization.

You've all convinced me. I got the 08 in February and I enjoy riding it much more than working on it. But it is reassuring to hear the good reports on the plugs. Like I said before, it's 105 degrees as I type and if I am going to get up early I want to be riding and not removing spark plugs. Thanks for all the information you have provided.

Dealer changed my plugs at 23k when I had the valves checked and they siad the plugs looked fine.