9th annual Ride to the Rock 11/26

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I've learned from those photographs is that Al hasn't bought any new riding gear since 2002! :lol:
Good eye, Chris. So I guess we should find out what kind of gear it is that lasts the better part of a decade...

Looking forward to seeing you and Bro M this weekend.

I'm counting on George to do some surgery on my front tire and extract the smartire sensor and band clamp before we head out. It looks like we are going to have a nice weekend according to Wunderground. :yahoo:

One thing I've learned from those photographs is that Al hasn't bought any new riding gear since 2002! :lol:
Good eye, Chris. So I guess we should find out what kind of gear it is that lasts the better part of a decade...
I think it was a Honda jacket. I know he decieded to wash it a while ago and it completely fell apart in the washer.

I'm counting on George to do some surgery on my front tire and extract the smartire sensor and band clamp before we head out. It looks like we are going to have a nice weekend according to Wunderground. :yahoo:
Do you have another one to insert? Weather at 6 said it will be 60 on Saturday :yahoo:

I think it was a Honda jacket. I know he decieded to wash it a while ago and it completely fell apart in the washer.
:blink:

Well, since Honda doesn't actually make jackets, it was probably a Joe Rocket. In which case it doesn't really surprise me that it would fall apart in the wash.

60 you say? Damn. Won't need any electric gear then. More like sun tan lotion...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred Glad you could fix up the B.B.B. in short order (I knew you would, as to not lose any fine riding days left) Sorry I had to give you the news but just as well now you can ride :yahoo: I'll Pm you my (ahem) finder's fee LOL :huh: George I'm hoping the weather is good for your rock party! Happy Turkey DAY!!

Brother Martin and I are staying at the Courtyard on Friday night. Its about 3 miles away from the Casa Cota. Bob Seger concert for Michelle and I on Saturday night at Mohegan Sun....I always like to wait 30 years after an artist is popular before I go see them live (sort of). :unsure:

:blink:

Well, since Honda doesn't actually make jackets, it was probably a Joe Rocket. In which case it doesn't really surprise me that it would fall apart in the wash.

60 you say? Damn. Won't need any electric gear then. More like sun tan lotion...
I do believe it was a Hondaline jacket and predates Joe Rocket, which was called Steve Firecracker back then... :p

Fred Glad you could fix up the B.B.B. in short order (I knew you would, as to not lose any fine riding days left) Sorry I had to give you the news but just as well now you can ride :yahoo: I'll Pm you my (ahem) finder's fee LOL :huh: George I'm hoping the weather is good for your rock party! Happy Turkey DAY!!
Are you folks coming down?

My 2000th post, holy crap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ding.Ding.Ding! We Have a winner :yahoo: Congratulations George on your 2000th post :yahoo: Your prize... you get to have a bunch of your friend's, riding buddies and people you may not even know come to the Cota ranch and lead them around on a trek to THE ROCK!! How's that for a Grand Prize? PM sent

George, congrats on 2000 posts! I'm looking forward to following you on a ride again. PM'ing you for your address (in case my scoot can't keep up with brother Chris's FJR).

George, congrats on 2000 posts! I'm looking forward to following you on a ride again. PM'ing you for your address (in case my scoot can't keep up with brother Chris's FJR).

On it's way Martin.

Oh oh... George.

Looks like all of us "fair weather friends" are going to converge on your humble abode on Saturday AM.

This is going to be a holiday parade by gawd!! Sure wish I had a Hardley for this one... :p

Oh oh... George.

Looks like all of us "fair weather friends" are going to converge on your humble abode on Saturday AM.

This is going to be a holiday parade by gawd!! Sure wish I had a Hardley for this one... :p
Not to worry, there will be a few Harleys for you to drool over. (you know you want one!!!) :rolleyes:

Coffee and donuts will be served in the barn starting at 8am. With the weather forecast of warm and sunny, and a bunch of my 'fair weather friends' planning to attend, we should have a record turnout this year! I believe that 19 bikes is the record.

I'm changing the tires and oil tomorrow night, sooo looks like Pete and myself will be there. See you all Saturday AM. :) The weather is looking to be a real bonus.

Art

Havocdog

I grew up in East Northport, Vernon Valley Rd. Small world.