Accessory relay not activating my

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
I left work at lunch today to find that my windscreen will not move. First thing that came to mind was that the rubber had wedged itself around the slider arms (as others have experienced). I found that the entire rubber part was just flopping around up in the nose, but, that was not the root of my problem. When I initially turn the key you can usually hear the tick of the relay in the nose, and on my bike, you can also hear the click of the aftermarket distribution block.

I'm having a heck of a time finding the correct relay that is not working. My fuse block is not being activated by the factory heated grip wire that is located under the glove box. That same wire must be connected to a master relay somewhere that is not working properly.

I have the factory repair manual, but that won’t tell me where the relays are located.

Thanks in advance!

I left work at lunch today to find that my windscreen will not move. First thing that came to mind was that the rubber had wedged itself around the slider arms (as others have experienced). I found that the entire rubber part was just flopping around up in the nose, but, that was not the root of my problem. When I initially turn the key you can usually hear the tick of the relay in the nose, and on my bike, you can also hear the click of the aftermarket distribution block.
I'm having a heck of a time finding the correct relay that is not working. My fuse block is not being activated by the factory heated grip wire that is located under the glove box. That same wire must be connected to a master relay somewhere that is not working properly.

I have the factory repair manual, but that won’t tell me where the relays are located.

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like we are in similar boats. I farkled my bike and now the relay for the Hazard/ signals must have gone out. I've lost both , replaced fuses and still nada.

Last edited by a moderator:
With no windshield drive and no power to the heated grips line, you probably don't have brake lights or horn, either.

Signalling fuse.

With no windshield drive and no power to the heated grips line, you probably don't have brake lights or horn, either.Signalling fuse.
You were correct. I was testing them for continuity and not actually taking them out. Since they all touch each other one way or another when plugged in, it was registering OK.

Thanks bunch!