Adjusting Gear Shifter to be higher

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRski_2007

Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the gear shifter to be higher, so the first gear is a little higher? My foot has a difficult time getting under the shifter in first gear. If not, I might need to sell my new boots.

Thanks,

Yes, there is.

Oh, you want how to adjust? Sorry. :p

The shaft from the lever up to the transmission is a turnbuckle. Center part rotates to lengthen or shorten the shaft, and is held in place by jamnuts. Loosen the nuts at each end (They turn opposite directions from each other) and spin the center piece. You'll see the lever moving up and down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there is.

Thank you for a fast reply. I will try it out this morning. Thanks again.

The shaft from the lever up to the transmission is a turnbuckle. Center part rotates to lengthen or shorten the shaft, and is held in place by jamnuts. Loosen the nuts at each end (They turn opposite directions from each other) and spin the center piece. You'll see the lever moving up and down.

It works perfect.

Ohh, those simply things.

Thank you again

Yes, there is.

Thank you for a fast reply. I will try it out this morning. Thanks again.