Any 2009's out there yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the Long Beach show and saw the 2009 A and AE they had on the floor. The clutch pull of the A seemed only slightly different than the 2008. Still kind of stiff, particularly when pulled all the way in. Plus I prefer the looks of the earlier models. Best save your money if there are any 2008s left.

There is an 09 at Champion in Costa Mesa, So. California. Looks just like the 08 except for a "plastic chrome" 1300 badge on the fairing. I noticed it has Meztlers instead of the bridgestones which came on my 08(the front bridgestone wore out in 3kmiles!!) The 09 had a list price on it of $14,449.

BG

I've talked with two dealers locally here Houston that had a couple each scheduled for delivery in November. Neither dealer has yet seen the bikes show up or any explanation from Yamaha.

People have posted about swapping the Gen2 clutch slave cylinder for a Gen1 for lighter clutch pull but I wonder how the 2009 does it. It would be interesting if someone posts about swapping 09 stuff into an 06-08 for the clutch pull. My 2008 is fine for shifting but bad at slow speeds; my hand gets sore. Pazzo levers may alleviate this; they look like they'd be more comfortable to hold in, but it's not necessarily good enough in bad stop'n'go.
Gee that is funny I have no problem with clutch pull at all. :dribble:

Was at the shop today getting another new set of tires. Went back with another set of the Road 2's. The last set worked well for me.

Anyway..

They had a brand new all black 2009 FJR up there. Man did it look nice. I really like the black on black on black on black. :)

I grabbed on the clutch level a bit and it did feel lighter that mine on the 2007. It actually felt closer to the clutch on my ZX-14. The whole bike looked awesome. If I could get a decent trade on my 2007 I would consider buying one actually.

I was at my "most local" dealer the other day checking out their inventory. They still have the 07 leftover AE which they wanted $14K for last summer. They also have a new 08 A model on the floor for the first time.

I also made the rounds to our local Suzuki dealer (he has an 05 A model on the floor with about 3K miles on it, and an 05 ST1300 with maybe a bit under 4K miles, both on consignment and now there for many many months), and a trip to local Honda dealers as well where everything but ATV's, Cruisers, and dirt bikes will have to be ordered if you want one.

The word from Honda is that they are letting the current stream of 08's diminish before anyone gets 09s, at least for some models. Someone said in another thread that there were 09 B-Kings, but latest word from Suzuki is that they need to diminish inventory of 08 B-Kings before they start on the 09s.

Its hit the car business too. Toyota told me the other day that they'd stopped making Tundras several months back and that there might not even be an 09 version since the 08 stream is still plentiful.

There are deals to be had out there. With real estate you look for a depressed owner rather than a depressed property. I think the same is true for the bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased my 08 on January 2nd. All the dealers here in San Diego were telling me the 09 FJR1300A would not be on their floors until March, if you can believe them...

I have 09 to be here in oregon the dealer says april.

the way the economy is looking I am starting to get cold feet on the deal, want the bike but not sure if I should do it or not...

I will have to make up my mind soon, may make the dealer mad ...

kind of wonder what this year will bring economy wise :blink: :angry: :unsure: :glare:

I have 09 to be here in oregon the dealer says april.
the way the economy is looking I am starting to get cold feet on the deal, want the bike but not sure if I should do it or not...

I will have to make up my mind soon, may make the dealer mad ...

kind of wonder what this year will bring economy wise :blink: :angry: :unsure: :glare:
You have a 2009 bike with ABS in your title, did you pull the trigger today?

Was at the shop today getting another new set of tires. Went back with another set of the Road 2's. The last set worked well for me.
Anyway..

They had a brand new all black 2009 FJR up there. Man did it look nice. I really like the black on black on black on black. :)

I grabbed on the clutch level a bit and it did feel lighter that mine on the 2007. It actually felt closer to the clutch on my ZX-14. The whole bike looked awesome. If I could get a decent trade on my 2007 I would consider buying one actually.
Hey M -

You must be the '07 owner I've seen in Harrisburg. I live about 7 miles outside Harrisburg and go through town occasionally. What shop did you go to - to get PR2's?

Herkypilot

Anyway..

Hey M -

You must be the '07 owner I've seen in Harrisburg. I live about 7 miles outside Harrisburg and go through town occasionally. What shop did you go to - to get PR2's?

Herkypilot
Does anyone know of any online deals for PR2s?

There is another thread that mentions some 09As were at the dealers back in late Novemeber. We had two seperate dealers near Seattle with one each. I haven't seen an 09 AE yet at the dealers but I am being told that Jan 15th there are a few trickling into the US. We will see.

Hey M -

Herkypilot
Hey HP,

Good to meet you. Hopefully I was riding like a adult and behaving when you saw me. :D

I was over at Matthews Fun Machines over at the intersection of 485 and 74.

Mark

This is an interesting craigslist. “New 2009 for 11,779.00”.https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/986477577.html

I emailed and asked if it was a typo and they said, NO.

They said they want cost plus $477.00 and have one bike left.

Price includes tax and title fees.

Doesn’t smell right. And I have nothing to do with the listing, etc.
It will most likely be an 08 when you show up in person...

I was at Sunland Park Yamaha in southern New Mexico Saturday and there it is...a 09' A.

It has a lot of black all over it. Mucho beautiful. One of the FJR riders here in

town who originally purchased a red 07' traded for the 08' black last year and

now he wants to trade the 08' for the 09'. He gets a woody for the black I guess.