Any emergent problems with the gen III?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's right, the adhesive is sub standard. The strip itself is held on by 2 bolts. If mine come off again and I am able top find them, I'll use my own adhesive...if the emblem is lost, I'll demand they replace it under YES warranty.
Good luck. Both my dealer and Yamaha USA said these are NOT covered by YES.
Both of mine came off after a year...it was covered under the YES warranty. My dealer is G.N. Gonzales Honda/Yamaha out of Baton Rouge, La.
Do they have to replace to whole chrome piece and the Yamaha emblem or can you just get the Yamaha emblem sticker?

My dealer can't figure out how to order it?

that's right, the adhesive is sub standard. The strip itself is held on by 2 bolts. If mine come off again and I am able top find them, I'll use my own adhesive...if the emblem is lost, I'll demand they replace it under YES warranty.
Good luck. Both my dealer and Yamaha USA said these are NOT covered by YES.
Both of mine came off after a year...it was covered under the YES warranty. My dealer is G.N. Gonzales Honda/Yamaha out of Baton Rouge, La.
Do they have to replace to whole chrome piece and the Yamaha emblem or can you just get the Yamaha emblem sticker?

My dealer can't figure out how to order it?
they had to get me the entire chrome piece, the emblem is not available separately. The first time they replaced it, they just took a new piece off of a showroom bike. When the new piece came in, they simply installed it on the showroom bike. The 2nd time it happened, I had to wait on the shipping of the new piece, and it took about a month to come in.

Funny, I just read about this emblem coming off Friday night. Saturday morning I still had both. By Saturday at noon my right side one was gone.