Anyone Considering a Kawasaki H2 SX SE ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Dumke

Reaction score
I have a 2006 FJR 1300 with 50k miles on it. Just prepping it to go from California to Mississippi. I stopped into the dealer to get a new battery just to be safe. As usual I strolled the showroom floor. Hmmm.. a new FJR 1300 with mate deep blue paint. Nice. But not significantly better than my already set up 2006.

But what is this new green thing that the salesman pointed out. Supercharged. 200hp, with a chip reflash, Hard cases, cruise control, comfortable ergos etc. $23k, gulp. A 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE. I haven't kept up with motorcycles for a decade, so I should do some research.

Many on this forum will point out that the FJR is a better touring bike. Very true. But this Kawi sure puts the sport back into Sport Touring. The FJR is 70% touring 30% sport. The Kawi H2 SX SE is 80% sport, 20% touring.

If I didn't' have a wife to put on the back, this is a bike that I might consider. Is it overkill? Hell yeah!. But then my weekend car is a 2017 Shelby GT350. Also entirely unnecessary. The Kawi looks like the perfect combination of road racer with a couple of touring touches.

Anybody else fascinated or considering this new beast???

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really.
smile.png

FJR gives me the shaft...power window too...I moved to the Feej to get away from those kind of troublemakers...

You need to get out more. The H2 has been around for years, Kawi added the bags this year.

Way cool bike and I'd get one if I could hump a turtle but those days are long gone.

I looked at a kaw dresser. Did the reliability math and checked the percentage of Kawasaki bikes in the IBR. There’s a reason I went Yamaha. I love my FJR, but if Yamaha made a water cooled touring bike, like if their new v-twin was water cooled, I’d be riding that.

The H2 SX is truly awesome but I'd lose my license if I tried to use it to capacity. It's hard enough keeping the FJR under the speed limit.

Currently the H2 SX SE is at the top of my list. I cannot get to see one until later this year/1st of 2019. In the mean time doing some comparisons and reading. Seems the H2 SX, by raw specs isn't that much different than my current ZX14 and ZX14r, except of course the electronics and the supercharger. Until I actually get to at least sit on one, and although on the top of list, it's just an idea. Reviews I have read, some say the ZX14r beats the H2 SX in comfort barely, and some say the ZX14r beats out the H2 SX in the twisties barely. I would also argue, without riding the H2 SX that my ZX14r beats it barely for raw get-up-and-go from a practical stand-point, considering how fast should a 72 year old rider be busting through triple digit speeds compared to the price tag. The practical side says, don't be stupid and waste the money, but the kid side on me, the one that enjoys riding the most says, "so what George you, you really do need a supercharged touring bike!!". I think I will know more about November/December this year when hopefully I can get to the valley and check one in person.

I am only here to serve ...
coolsmiley02.gif
... but I'd pay BIG money to see you and your FJR mimic that avatar photo.

Last edited by a moderator: