Anything going on this weekend around here?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artistic rider

Reaction score
I have yet to call the dealer but the feejer should be ready today or tomorrow. If not I will probably be arrested or something. Anyone have any plans for rides this weekend? Or is everyone going to be at NAFO?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to be at NAFO. Have no plans, but I'm up for a Sunday morning ride, especially if you're finally getting the FJR back.

EDIT: Of course if you ARE in jail, I'll still ride. But at least I'll do it in your honor ;)

I'm going to jail and there will be one less dealer in the Chicagoland area!!!!! :evilgrin: How the hell can you sell a motorcycle and not have the tools to fix it??? I've been able to ride the feejer for 1 week since April 23rd. Now the excuse is that thier fork tool is too small. They are seeing what they can do. On top of this they are saying its from my fall down and the inner tube is ever so slightly bent and that caused the seal failure. So they want to now add it to the claim on my insurance. Told the assholes that I didn't file because it was only a few bucks over my deductible. AAnd I told them when I went in the steeering seemed a little off. They claimed it was ok when I picked it up and now its bad????? Gotta put a machine gun mount on the Ural and pay them a visit! :trinibob: Screw this.

I guess I feeel a little better for now. Thanks for letting me rant.

I guess I feeel a little better for now. Thanks for letting me rant.
I don't, man that just s**ks, big time. Surly there's a dealer some where in the Chicago area that employs a good wrench!

If I had a dealer like that, and his place burned to the ground, I want you to know right up front, It wasn't me. :unsure:

GET THAT BIKE BACK FROM THAT DEALER ASAP AND BRING IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. IF IT'S NOT RIDABLE, I'LL COME WITH MY TRAILER AND PICK IT UP FOR YOU.

SERIOUSLY, MAN. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH :angry:

TIME TO NAME NAMES....

Ditto, on what Larry said, don’t know where you got you bike but I have had pretty good luck In DeKalb and South Elgin. My trailer is here in the fair city of Elburn; right down 47. All it will cost you is a breakfast - and, well and a ride in the sidecar of course.

Brian

GET THAT BIKE BACK FROM THAT DEALER ASAP AND BRING IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. IF IT'S NOT RIDABLE, I'LL COME WITH MY TRAILER AND PICK IT UP FOR YOU.
SERIOUSLY, MAN. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH :angry:

TIME TO NAME NAMES....
I normally hate to add fuel to the fire but, Victor, you're already fired up as it is. This is absolutely ridiculous. I would get as far away from that dealer as possible.

So we don't somehow find ourselves going to this dealer (or another rider who happens to need service while passing through Chicagoland), I suggest submitting a "review" under the vendor/dealer feedback forum.

Best wishes to getting this resolved once and for all.

(By the way, I'd love to ride with you guys again but we have out-of-town guests this weekend. I'd like to set up a group Wisconsin run on the 2nd, 16th, or the 23rd.)