APOCALYPSE: Warchild BMW Insanity

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new rocket. It is hard to fathom that the RR version has an additional 30+ HP. I would imagine your bike is a much better choice for mere mortals.

You'll need a whole new wardrobe now, them beemer boys are almost as picky as the pirates are when it comes to branded duds!

Nice bike.

Ya gonna darkside it ?
tomato.gif

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Congrats!! Looks like a fun machine :) Hope the weather gets better soon and you can try 'er out.... follow-up RR maybe?

You'll need a whole new wardrobe now, them beemer boys are almost as picky as the pirates are when it comes to branded duds!
Hehe, definitely a few folks like that, but the one's I hang out with must be too poor and just buy the normal garment branded duds. I've got a collection, However I prefer my Hi-Viz Sonoma jacket to either one of these duds....

photobucket-3566-1352928982710.jpg

photobucket-23350-1351265147975.jpg

Look what I spotted in my parking lot at work. Co-inc-i-dence?

It looks like 400 pounds of serious fun, a sunny day, and license killer all rolled into one. ;)

s1000rb.jpg

A few quick observations.... have still to yet put the bike through some hard-core paces.

Still, but since picking it up, here's a few more tid-bits:

• I am convinced BMW wants this bike ridden in daylight only. What an unbelievably poor single low-beam reflector housing. It is abysmal just how little light is emitted.... worse, the high beam has a projector lens (first proven stupid by the Suzuki Hayabusa), and the low beam H7 SHUTS DOWN approximately 2 seconds after high-beam is engaged! WTF? This is an idiotic arrangement.
  • Finally got the bike engine in "Road" mode, vice the "Rain" mode I was in upon leaving the dealership last Saturday. All I can say is: holy fookin' crap, my driver's license is in peril. This beastly thing is as bad as the R1.... probably worst. I had better find some discipline. Soon.
    sad.png
  • Pretty sure the mirrors are installed only because of DOT requirements. At its best, most useful position, I can see my shoulders fairly well, and that's it. But even that was destroyed when the inline-4 harmonics started kicking in. Sorry, BMW, but your mirrors are totally worthless on this platform. Good thing objects in mirrors no longer matter on this bike...
    punk.gif
  • The engine, chassis and brakes are to die for. Holy fookin crap, the engine and brakes are better than the R1, the chassis is similar (read: out-fucking-standing!).
  • I was concerned that while in "Road" mode, the fueling would be a bit too "snappy", similar to the way some folks find the Gen III FJR to be a bit snappy in Sport-mode. Happily, this has proven not to be the case... throttle response is creamy smooth across all RPM ranges, even in Road mode.
  • The Streetfighter seating position is taking a while to get used to. Normally on a bike like this, I am reach downing for the clips-ons.... ain't no clip-on's on the S1000 R; rather, it has flat-track handlebars, with rather wide grips. Great for leverage, but definitely a different feel. Takes getting used to; I am not there yet.
  • I must admit: the fit and finish of this machine is extraordinary. The electronic package is hugely impressive. Cruise control is flawless. Heated grips are as well. I have not experimented with changing the suspension settings while underway, but that will change soon.

A mixed bag of of results in some ways, but on an overall performance scale of 1-10, I would put the performance of this Bad Boy waaaaaaaaaay up there close to 10, if not on 10 itself.

More to come....

Please mount a Go Pro on the rear. You may get a video of a police pursuit that you never even knew you were a participant in.

Interesting to say the least, Warchild. Hide the radar detector and install a Marc Parnes visual alert right in front of you. That way, you'll have an ever so slight chance of not losing your license. :D