April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so when March 1 rolls around I will book a camping spot close to Cambria.
https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fallbrook&1s=CA&1y=US&1l=33.38465&1g=-117.25312&1v=CITY&2c=Big+Sur&2s=CA&2y=US&2l=36.272491&2g=-121.811142&2v=CITY

Go for it, Goombah! Lanny and Chuy will be your Huckleberries, capiche! Are you and Santa Fe Dreamin' going up in one shot on Saturday morning 4/14?

MapQuest shows the run from Fallbrook to Big Sur as 7.5 hours and 400 miles. I will be spending Friday night at my Mom's house in Orange, California.

If you're doing the o'dark-thirty departure from San Diego County 4/14, we'll set up a meet stop and time in Orange County where I'll join up with you two.
Lanny wants to leave the night before and get out of SoCal. He said he would not sleep if we were leaving at 3am. We thought we might camp in Ventura or Ojai or somewhere just past the traffic. You can come with us and camp or meet us at the campsite in the morning. I am waiting to see what Coldcut's plans are too. Hopefully is off Friday night too.
Dearest Mopsy, Flopsy and Cottontail (aka Dago johnny80s, Lanny and Coldcut!), Let's make this a tentative plan: Between the hours of 0700 to 0800 I'll be at the Denny's located a 3614 State Street in Santa Barbara, Californa 93105 telephone # 1-805-898-4447. It's exactly 4 hours at FJR speed to the Big Sur Inn on Hwy. One.

We should arrive at Noon. I'll be at the breakfast counter enjoying the Don Carver Cheeseburger Special, it is now featured on the menu there named after our dcarver!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been talked about staying in Cambria and in Big Sur for the overnight. I think we need to decide where the overnight will be and then I can look up camping spots. I have found a few in both places. Richard an Tyler have talked earlier about staying in Cambria.

San Simeon has camping and I can't book a site until the reservations open up in March. I propose the overnight be in Cambria because partying with Richard is always fun.

Will that work with everyone and who is actually going to camp?
I'm in for the weekend of camping!!!!! :yahoo: :rolleyes: :clapping: :yahoo: :blink: :glare: :unsure: :dribble: :assassin: :p :eek: :huh: :yahoo: :yahoo:
There goes the neighborhood.........

R

It is still on. Big Sur River Inn is expecting us on April 14th for lunch at 12:30pm. They have a head count of 30. A couple weeks before in April, I will collect and send them a final headcount.

Cambria Palms Motel is still the overnight stop (Saturday) for those interested. Dinner plans - well that is up to you and Tyler to wrestle about..

It is still on. Big Sur River Inn is expecting us on April 14th for lunch at 12:30pm. They have a head count of 30. A couple weeks before in April, I will collect and send them a final headcount.

Cambria Palms Motel is still the overnight stop (Saturday) for those interested. Dinner plans - well that is up to you and Tyler to wrestle about..
Sam, I have reservations at Cambria Palms. For the trip in, I was thinking about leaving in the morning and mainly slabbing to Hwy 17 and going through Santa Cruz It would be nice to do some sightseeing, but this is the route I have in mind. Any thoughts? Looks like we would need to be KSU by 7:00 from here, and maybe meet in Elk Grove at 7:30.

Sam, I have reservations at Cambria Palms. For the trip in, I was thinking about leaving in the morning and mainly slabbing to Hwy 17 and going through Santa Cruz It would be nice to do some sightseeing, but this is the route I have in mind. Any thoughts? Looks like we would need to be KSU by 7:00 from here, and maybe meet in Elk Grove at 7:30.
That's probably a good route to make good time and not leave at O'dark thirty (which we can also do). All depends on what we wanted to do. There will be plenty of sight seeing on Hwy 1.

I just scored a Sargent seat and am seriously thinking about this ride. Like usual, I will know when the time gets closer. If all beds are booked at the Palms, are there any other places to stay in Cambria that are decent?

Thanks, Lew

I just scored a Sargent seat and am seriously thinking about this ride. Like usual, I will know when the time gets closer. If all beds are booked at the Palms, are there any other places to stay in Cambria that are decent?

Thanks, Lew
Make a reservation. You can always cancel it. B)

So SoCal folks who is going up from here and when are you going?

R
I'm riding with johnny80s and Lanny; and they're doing the routing!!!

I know, I know 'R': FUBAR - Fucked Up Beyond All Reality - FUBAR!
I won't be doing that as i would like to get there with in a one day period.........

who else is going from down here....

R

So SoCal folks who is going up from here and when are you going?

R
I'm riding with johnny80s and Lanny; and they're doing the routing!!!

I know, I know 'R': FUBAR - Fucked Up Beyond All Reality - FUBAR!
I won't be doing that as i would like to get there with a one day period.........

who else is going from down here....

R
I won't know until the day gets closer. I will consult with the finance minister tonight. :dribble:

Ok reservation made at the Palms.....

Now to plan a route that will include 58 (Just rode it on wing last weekend and now wanna take the FJR over it) and Nacimiento-Ferusson Road.....

R

Now to plan a route that will include 58 (Just rode it on wing last weekend and now wanna take the FJR over it) and Nacimiento-Ferusson Road.....

R
The two solar plants being constructed have increased CHP / Sheriff 100 fold. Weekday traffic is off the hook, with delays possible if westbound. If you decide to play in the corners, know that many 'service' trucks filled with oil, grease and lots of other really slippery stuff may have layed down a slippery path. On the really fun set of corners (12 corners) just East of Santa Margarita, it's really bad. Just last week a cement truck, 9 yards and full, rolled over in the corners.

Keep your eyes open, all the Ca Valley local peeps have complained of getting tickets due to higher law enforcement.

Clicky

R
What about the links for dinner that I posted? Any preference, Your Highness? :D
Saludas y Recuerdas Senorita Tyler, go for Las Cambritas! Failainer absolutely loves Mexican food, the hotter the better! La Comida muy Caliente es mas Magnifico para Ricardo, ese!