are Red ES's that hard to find?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure a local dealer has had one sitting on their floor for a few months now. Their website just shows the corporate spiel so no help there. They're also have a rep for not exactly offering the best prices.

My local dealer (Mountain Motorsports, Marietta) has one 2014, with the automatic transmission, and two 2013s. That caused me to believe the 444 number. After reflection, that does seem like it could be Yamaha's total annual FJR sales -- meaning there aren't many left now.

Re-selling another dealer's vehicle -- I'm picky about my automobiles, and have had to go that route several times in the past 30 years. Never imagined that it could inflate the "FJR remaining model" figure 20-fold.

I will do my part to reduce the 2015 "FJR remaining model" numbers in a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local dealer (Mountain Motorsports, Marietta) has one 2014, with the automatic transmission, and two 2013s.
Ummm....there are no 2014s with automatic transmissions. The last year of "AE" models was 2009 in the U.S. Maybe you're confusing it with "ES" which has to do with it being an "electronic suspension".

Well, the guy said it was an AE. I didn't really pay attention; it was red. Sat on it and drooled, however.

Well, the guy said it was an AE. I didn't really pay attention; it was red. Sat on it and drooled, however.
If it was stock red and said "AE"...he didn't know what he was talking about then. American AEs were '06-'09 Gen 2 bodies and either Cerulean Silver or Metallic Titanium.

If you look at the Cycle Trader link, the ones that show only stock photos are likely to be the dealers that are advertising the "availability" of the bike for sale, that they could order for you and have within a week or two, but do not actually own right now.

The ones that show a photo of the bike on the dealership's floor are much more likely to be the ones actually holding inventory (it still may have been a bike that they already sold in the photo). For instance 3 of the first 25 listings have pictures of a bike on the showroom floor. The other 23 do not.

In any case, there are certainly some 2014 ES bikes still available, but I don't think there will be the huge number of leftovers that we have seen in some past years and models. Of course that may depend on what we see for 2015. ;)

They do have some very nice prices too, if you can actually get out of there without a lot of add-ons

Just stopped into Heinen's at lunch today.

They have an 2014 "A" on the floor and said they could get an "ES", but it was not actually at their facility.
So their advert is $12,999 for the ES. Is that price actually for the A, or are they asking less for the A? I'm just curious and watching the asking prices.
If you read the title carefully:

2014 YAMAHA FJR 1300 ES MOTORCYCLE "NEW" $12999 for "A" model too!! - $14299 you will see they are advertising the ES, which they do NOT actually have, for $14,299 and the A for $12,999. Surely dealer fees and setup/shipping will be added for an additional $800+

Yes, exactly. And the add ons could be considerably more than $800 if they are less than scrupulous advertisers, bringing them right back up near MSRP out the door.

FWIW - their photos in Craigs List are of an ES. The one they do not have.

ok, 2014 ES that was on the floor here in Bozeman has been sent to a dealer in Washington.. Which one of you guys saved my bank account?!?!?

FJ09 is looking mighty fun next year though..