are Red ES's that hard to find?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I called about six dealers in Eastern PA a month or so back and none of them had an ES on the floor. One did get me one from the NJ Yamaha warehouse in about a week though. $14,799 plus tax & tags. No other fees.

I told my dealer, Wilson's Motorcycles in Fresno, CA I wanted an 2014 ES and he had one in two days for me to look at.

Liked what I saw and bought it.

Bruce

aka Longrider

I will be picking up my new 2014ES next saturday! Stoked!!!
bike.gif
Time to put the 06 up.

ok, 2014 ES that was on the floor here in Bozeman has been sent to a dealer in Washington.. Which one of you guys saved my bank account?!?!?
FJ09 is looking mighty fun next year though..
My Woodinville, WA dealer [Ride Motorsports] picked it up and sold it already. Actually I think it was sold before they picked it up.

Apparently there is a rush to get the last of the soft paint candy red bikes before the only options will be left over 2013's and the ghost grey graphite 2015's. The 2014's may become known as the year of COLOUR opportunity. I await the hate replies!!

Apparently there is a rush to get the last of the soft paint candy red bikes before the only options will be left over 2013's and the ghost grey graphite 2015's. The 2014's may become known as the year of COLOUR opportunity. I await the hate replies!!
Well, since you set it up on the tee...

No, Red ES's are not hard to find at all. I see plenty of them parked outside bars where men dance with other men.
smile.png

I notice they are quite popular with the ladies as well. I see them outside of Merle Norman, in front of Jenny Craig, and lots of them at the mall.

The ladies say that "The Red is so easy to accessorize! It is just precious!"

Hugs and kisses from the heart of someone who is Impatiently Waiting for his 2015 Liquid Graphite "Smoke" to arrive.
air_kiss.gif

My local dealer has both the A and the ES 2014 listed in their inventory. I can only imagine what they thought when I asked them to order me a 2015. Especially since my salesman rides the '14 A with the Yamaha GYTR exhaust.

RFH - that post is priceless!

Personally, I don't care much about the color as long as its in my driveway. Unfortunately, that won't be for a couple of years when the '07 is worn out and my bank account is (hopefully) healthier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Priceless? Yeah I wouldn't pay for it, so I guess it is. I think his bait is a bit too stinky for even this old fish to rise to.
Now Fred, don't type too fast. You might chip your Candy Red nail polish!
smile.png

I hated to be mean about the '14 color since I really like it. After all the complaints and insults the '15 Gray got from the '14 Candy Red guys I thought a little shot back might be appropriate.

My guess is that the colour fades to pink in 2 or 3 years ...

.... and mine will be Stealth Grey. Another shot back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since you set it up on the tee...

No, Red ES's are not hard to find at all. I see plenty of them parked outside bars where men dance with other men. :)

I notice they are quite popular with the ladies as well. I see them outside of Merle Norman, in front of Jenny Craig, and lots of them at the mall.

The ladies say that "The Red is so easy to accessorize! It is just precious!"

Hugs and kisses from the heart of someone who is Impatiently Waiting for his 2015 Liquid Graphite "Smoke" to arrive. :air_kiss:

My local dealer has both the A and the ES 2014 listed in their inventory. I can only imagine what they thought when I asked them to order me a 2015. Especially since my salesman rides the '14 A with the Yamaha GYTR exhaust.
Not that there's anything wrong with Men dancing with other men, or going to Jenny Craig, or going to the mall, or easily accessorizing the red color! :D

Priceless? Yeah I wouldn't pay for it, so I guess it is. I think his bait is a bit too stinky for even this old fish to rise to.
Now Fred, don't type too fast. You might chip your Candy Red nail polish!
smile.png

I hated to be mean about the '14 color since I really like it. After all the complaints and insults the '15 Gray got from the '14 Candy Red guys I thought a little shot back might be appropriate.
Let's be real - you don't really like the 14 at-all - its red for god's sake!. The 13, God's Gray or or the 2015 Smoke Black - don't screw this up!

I'd have to say that with all the reports of '14 ES models being purchased by forum members that the thread title is pretty much off-base?!

Dunno 'bout that.. They may be hard to find now that everybody around here has one.