ATT / DirecTV SUCKS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Apparently ATT (AKA DirecTV) can't come to terms with BeIN SPorts, so no MotoGP this weekend. the only reason we got the Premier package was to get BeIN for MotoGP coverage - which is excellent coverage, commercial free durning the races.

May have to weigh the cost of doing MotoGP videopass and reduce the DirecTV package since I don't want or need all the excess channels if I can't get BeIN. What a PIA. ATT sucks moist ass cheese, they have taken DirecTV and made it even more clunky than it was before. Which I didn't think was possible. Comcast/Xfinity are not an option where I am at, as Comcast wants us to pay a fortune to bring the cable down the street.

Needless to say Misano is out for this weekend. Sucks after British GP was cancelled due to weather. Hope they get it sorted out before the next round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least I know the British Motogp was cancelled due to weather. I recorded the original broadcast, saw it was in rain delay and have been waiting for a rebroadcast {I have Charter with BEIN} and today it said it was rebroadcasting it. Kinda curious to see what they are going to broadcast if the Silverstone Motogp never happened.

Mom had dish for years. I found the menu system nearly useless and the response time of the units (even after I helped her upgrade) sub-par.

When AT&T took over DirecTV, they pushed out an interface that wasn't ready just to get the ATT&T logo everywhere they could. They even admit that there are Recording Manager bugs that create 2 or 3 copies of a subscribed show but if you try and clean it up, you break your list so you miss what you thought I had set up. And navigation is worse (not as bad as Dish where you can't simply press record on a show while looking at the guide but have to go through a multi-menu mess instead).

I've considered dropping Sat. Cable is too costly by half (and DTV ain't cheap) but with Charter dropping network signal to the tune of 100 hours one month, that would leave us without anything. We don't use Charter's TV service because of cost and outages. Sadly Charter is also twice as fast as the next fastest option in our area.

I would like to cut the TV cord and use the internet to get programs but my wife is a serious technophobe. Despite both our kids doing it at their houses, she still acts like she's trying to interpret the writings of the aliens in, "Arrival".

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently threw the Directtv installer out of my house and cancelled my account after 12 years. They wanted to charge me for their mistake on the work order. Went with a local TV provider at home and Dish at the lake. I was paying $140 a month for three receivers, two were dvr. Now have a hopper and two Joeys that whole house can record up to 16 channels for $82. So far so good.

Latest posts