Auxiliary Fuel Cell Installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice write up and job. I still haven't installed my TAT (many FJR projects happening concurrently) but having your visual roadmap will help when I do.
Just curious as to why you chose to point your 45° filler neck forward -v- to the right of the bike?
I've heard way too many stories of folks getting tired and leaving the gas cap behind during rallies. This way, the filler neck is pointed foreward and will whistle like a jug if I get up to speed with the gas cap missing.

Really? No reactions to this at all? :clapping:

The actual reason for positioning it that way is that it's in the perfect position to pull the pump handle from the main tank to the aux tank filler neck without having to reposition myself while standing between the bike and the gas pump. I always pull up so the pump is on my left.

Nice write up and job. I still haven't installed my TAT (many FJR projects happening concurrently) but having your visual roadmap will help when I do.
Just curious as to why you chose to point your 45° filler neck forward -v- to the right of the bike?
I've heard way too many stories of folks getting tired and leaving the gas cap behind during rallies. This way, the filler neck is pointed foreward and will whistle like a jug if I get up to speed with the gas cap missing.

Really? No reactions to this at all? :clapping:
You pulled the hook out of the water too soon. Having listened to prolonged arguments over where best to place your tank bag during fueling and which side of the pump one should park... :argue: ... I probably would have taken the stinky bait. ;)

The actual reason for positioning it that way is that it's in the perfect position to pull the pump handle from the main tank to the aux tank filler neck without having to reposition myself while standing between the bike and the gas pump. I always pull up so the pump is on my left.
For that very same reason, I'm thinking about positioning it pointing right (I normally park to the left of the pump.) However, your method would allow the same convenience regardless of which side of the pump one parked.

Decisions, decisions...

Hey Nancy...

I don't know when you changed your avatar, but I was going to make some wisecrack like "nice guns... And the firearm is cool too." Snce there's only one gun, I'll just keep it simple:. nice tits!

Honestly, I was. So f-ing paranoid about something going wrong. Wendy was parked next to me before the start of the Cal24 that year and her fittings started leaking gas all over the wires under her seat. She borrowed my fuel-happy Teflon and kinda fixed it. I've never drilled a tank, so I was nervous fo sho.

What's up with the Kitty patches? I have my Linda-T covers. Now I want a patch to pay tribute to you. after all, you saved me from certain death on the foot soak tub at the Little Saigon Nail Salon. Oh wait... I think maybe you just laughed at me and set up the prank on Lisa Landry.

Alex

Oh! I def have kitty patches! That's so cool. I wish I could remember the guy's name, but he was one of the guys who got a TAT and he was at the IBR finish. I was pretty out of it there.

Geez, that's been my avatar for a while, you obviously don't pay attention. Shot an MP5 the other day, that was FUN!

Ha ha! Thought about your pedicure mishap the other day, that was awesome!

Hope to see you in Ely this summer!