Auxiliary light mounts and brackets from Alex

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back form the powder coaters. They will be able to run the brackets Wednesday or Thursday next week for me. I chose a flatter black since these will be quite a bit of abuse mounted to the front of our bikes. This is a very bad quality image from my cell phone of the mount.

mount_bare_metal.jpg

These will run $55 a pair plus exact shipping via USPS priority box. This way I can provide you can track your shipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back form the powder coaters. They will be able to run the brackets Wednesday or Thursday next week for me. I chose a flatter black since these will be quite a bit of abuse mounted to the front of our bikes. This is a very bad quality image from my cell phone of the mount.
mount_bare_metal.jpg

These will run $55 a pair plus exact shipping via USPS priority box. This way I can provide you can track your shipment.
Is it my imagination or do these brackets look very different from the previous pics you put up?

Is it my imagination or do these brackets look very different from the previous pics you put up?
You might be thinking of the bracket that holds the light housing. It's a two part system, a bracket for the light and a bracket to mount that bracket to the bike. I'm not sure yet how they are attached to each other.

I think... :rolleyes:

You are refering to these bad boys?

2156.jpg
2157.jpg

I will take some better pictures with an actual camera and not my phone. Both of these items will be available for purchase later next week.

Notice 2-26-10: Please email me if you are interested in purchasing either 1 pair of mounts or both mounts and light brackets.

This will help me prepare the correct amount for shipment next week. Mounts $55, brackets $50.

My email is alexfjr @ gmail.com (remove the spaces before sending)

Alex, i must be loosing it, since i could have sworn i saw you post up pics of brackets that looked quite similar to the Skyway brackets in some of your earlier posts, just can't seem to find the post at the moment.

Alex, i must be loosing it, since i could have sworn i saw you post up pics of brackets that looked quite similar to the Skyway brackets in some of your earlier posts, just can't seem to find the post at the moment.
Smitty made a bracket that had a bar across the front for support. That enabled the lights to be positioned in further.

I could attempt to mount the light as close as possible to the FRONT of bracket similiar to that design, but I feel comfortable with lack of tortional load with this setup. This $100 light is fairly deep, and would stick out if positioned in front of this mirror mount. It is something I will tinker with possibly.

Here are a few more pictures that I took this noon.

p1020420.jpg

p1020425.jpg

p1020427.jpg

p1020429.jpg

p1020435.jpg

p1020437.jpg

And here is the color that they will be powder coated

p1020440.jpg

Notice 2-26-10: Please email me if you are interested in purchasing either 1 pair of mounts or both mounts and light brackets.

This will help me prepare the correct amount for shipment next week. Mounts $55, brackets $50.

Just picked up the parts from the Powder coaters.

They turned out great. :yahoo: I will have to dab on a touch of black paint on the area where the hangers were used, but other than that they look too purdy to put on my dirty ride :lol:

coated%20brackets.jpg

[Notice 2-26-10: Please email me if you are interested in purchasing either 1 pair of mounts or both mounts and light brackets.

This will help me prepare the correct amount for shipment next week. Mounts $55, brackets $45.

email sent, thanks
and a couple questions I forgot to ask

* do these work with Gen I ?? (and worse case it seems they work with FZ1 mirrors?)

* At this hour, what is the best value/cost-point for aux HID lights

thanks ..john

[Notice 2-26-10: Please email me if you are interested in purchasing either 1 pair of mounts or both mounts and light brackets.

This will help me prepare the correct amount for shipment next week. Mounts $55, brackets $45.

email sent, thanks
and a couple questions I forgot to ask

* do these work with Gen I ?? (and worse case it seems they work with FZ1 mirrors?)

* At this hour, what is the best value/cost-point for aux HID lights

thanks ..john

I mounted the Gen I mirrors to my Gen II and they fit perfectly, howeve I have not tested them with FZ1 mirrors. I would assume that the FZ1 mirror is very similiar and would work just fine.

The lights shown above are $100-109 each available at pepboys or O'reillys. The soltek's are still around $350-400 each I assume.

I mounted the Gen I mirrors to my Gen II and they fit perfectly,
The lights shown above are $100-109 each available at pepboys or O'reillys. The soltek's are still around $350-400 each I assume.
OK so sounds like no problem with Gen I
sorry if this hijack's the thread, but all the pics above appear to be the Soltek's ....apparently I'm mistaken .....can anyone comment on how these much cheaper compare to the Soltek's ..that is a big price difference.

thanks

sorry if this hijack's the thread, but all the pics above appear to be the Soltek's ....apparently I'm mistaken .....can anyone comment on how these much cheaper compare to the Soltek's ..that is a big price difference.

thanks
What? Just because you went out and bought a new LOW mile FJR, you think you get to be a stupid newbie around here again?

Go do a freaking search you cry-baby bastard!

Hint: Look for a topic Your Hero started!

:finger:

thanks
These are a light made by custom accessories and aparently also by Hella. ~$100 each with wiring and a switch in each box.

I can't imagine that the Soltek's put out that much additional light if any. There are some on the board that have seen both mentied that they are very comparab

In all, it will take around $300 to outfit any FJR with some seriously bright lights.

.........you think you get to be a stupid newbie around here again?
Go do a freaking search you cry-baby bastard!

Hint: Look for a topic Your Hero started!
Dude, i'm starting from scratch, starting all over --with both bike and forum. Gunna do all the stuff I should have done the first time around ......
And starting off by not taking any shit from the likes of you.

What? No retort? Did your panties get in a wad, RJ? I am disappointed.
Here ya go.........

Some search welfare for my Nevada brother
Trust me, even if I wore panties, they wouldn't be in a wad .......I'm gunna be checking this stuff out -me thinks the Sol Teks are maybe not worth it compared .....but gotta admit, I'm a bit confused as far as what the best value is for decent aux lighting this hour.

back on topic: Alex: please put me down for a pair. And I apologize for my scrotum-breath buddy throwing this thread off-track.

thanks
These are a light made by custom accessories and aparently also by Hella. ~$100 each with wiring and a switch in each box.

I can't imagine that the Soltek's put out that much additional light if any. There are some on the board that have seen both mentied that they are very comparab

In all, it will take around $300 to outfit any FJR with some seriously bright lights.
Those brackets are sweet. I'm ready for mine!! Sent a PM

mount_bare_metal.jpg

Thanks Alex, I received my brackets today. Nice job, this is a good quality bracket. Can't wait to install my lights now. :yahoo:

Folks- any thoughts to placing a smaller light on this bracket? Would it look odd? I have PIAA 1100X on my forks and I want to raise them up.

I guess I could be the first to try huh?

Thx

Scott

R4PIA134.5A.jpg

My mounts showed up in today's mail. These things are almost too pretty to put on my dirty bike but oh well. I was previously using the Top Gun mounts but wanted to try these as they put the lights a lot higher: