Auxiliary lights MondoMoto MM10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I paid like $136...very reasonable for what you get. I wired mine through the nose and mounted on my Dash shelf. Here's a couple of pics of my install and setup.

frontaphoto_zpsc4f20f92.jpg

all buttoned up and operational

mondoo-1_zps7a2b7cf5.jpg

I rediscovered this thread. I like these lights, and they seem like a good value. I have Motolights on my GS, primarily for conspicuity. The FJR has more visual "presence" than the GS from the front, and the headlights are substantially better.

But, I find myself with questions on these: Mounted on the forks, are the MondoMoto mounts substantial enough to not allow the lamps to vibrate, either vertically or horizontally? That sort of thing can be way annoying, both from the saddle and for traffic, especially at night. I see that it needs a switched power lead; where did you tap into that? I would suspect that you access the back of the headlight to get the lead for the high beam; any chance that those two connections can be made close to one another?

On the Skene controller: It appears that unless you use a switch upstream of the controller, the auxiliary lights are always on. Do I understand that correctly? I don't see (from the Skene wiring diagram) any issue with using a switch upstream on the power circuit though. Please correct me if I've gotten that wrong. Thanks for any info!

My lights are always on - no intermediate switch. I have them bolted directly to the front fender bolts. I have not noticed a significant amount of vibration but I also have not been paying that much attention to it. These lights for me are more about being seen instead of seeing. They do throw a lot of light down by the front tire. That is because they are mounted low.

I put an Eastern Beaver fuse block and the lights and Skene controller are wired to that. The EB has 2 unswitched ports and the remaining lines are switched. These lights are on the switched ports. If you put the fuse block under the passenger seat there is a blue wire back there going to the tail light. That is the wire that is tapped for the EB.

I also had to tap two wires up front. A high beam wire and the low beam wire. I can't recall what the colors are off hand.