Bags or No Bags?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am one of very few and maybe the only one that actually likes the look better with the bags on. To me the bike looks unbalanced and front heavy with the bags off.I just knew I was different. :wacko:

Randy,

Though I've only had my bike less than a week, I totally agree with you. I doubt I will hardly ever take my bags off. I have 2 other bikes that don't have bags on them, heck they barely have back seats (see pics below) so if I take the FJR it's probably because I need to carry something. Besides, I LOVE THE BAGS!! :yahoo:

M109-640.jpg

buell-sig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:ph34r:Top case every day to hold the laptop, lunch and then sit parked with the helmet & gloves. Love the bags but for commuting took them off when I bounced one off a car's bumper lane-splitting. Talk about destabilizing!!! :ph34r:

Bob

I think I am one of very few and maybe the only one that actually likes the look better with the bags on. To me the bike looks unbalanced and front heavy with the bags off.I just knew I was different. :wacko:

Randy,

Though I've only had my bike less than a week, I totally agree with you. I doubt I will hardly ever take my bags off. I have 2 other bikes that don't have bags on them, heck they barely have back seats (see pics below) so if I take the FJR it's probably because I need to carry something. Besides, I LOVE THE BAGS!! :yahoo:

M109-640.jpg

buell-sig.jpg
BlackCherry, I'll bet that Buell is a blast to ride, can I borrow it :lol: :lol: ? Just kidding. Put some bags on that and it would be one great "SPORT" [SIZE=8pt]tourer[/SIZE], for 10 or 20 miles anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
BlackCherry, I'll bet that Buell is a blast to ride, can I borrow it :lol: :lol: ? Just kidding. Put some bags on that and it would be one great "SPORT" [SIZE=8pt]tourer[/SIZE], for 10 or 20 miles anyway.
Randy, you can ride the Buell any time you want buddy! And no it's not a great tourer, the seat sucks and isn't good for rides more than an hour long, especially the passenger section. LOL! :blink:

We're lucky to have the FJR. I like the looks better with the bags off but I think it still looks great with them on when you need them. It doesn't look like a monster Goldwing... you know, Yamaha calls it a Super SPORT Tourer. I agree!