Battery Access 2013/Gen III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dealership installed the connector for the battery tender prior to my taking ownership of the bike, so I didn't have to do anything. That said the dealership they got it from marred the surface of the main front panel when installing the battery. I guess they didn't take it off as per the directions. Unfortunately I didn't see the damage to the plastic until I had 600 miles on the bike already. Perhaps I'll get the panel replaced, and maybe not. It's hardly noticeable.

My dealership installed the connector for the battery tender prior to my taking ownership of the bike, so I didn't have to do anything. That said the dealership they got it from marred the surface of the main front panel when installing the battery. I guess they didn't take it off as per the directions. Unfortunately I didn't see the damage to the plastic until I had 600 miles on the bike already. Perhaps I'll get the panel replaced, and maybe not. It's hardly noticeable.
I realized after a few thousand kms that this bike's for riding, not for lookin' at (regardless of how good it looks). I don't sweat the odd scratch or rub mark.