Battery died any other way to start?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it's a party! :graduated: And it's Friday! :aaevil:
Dear Mrs. Wenmark, On behalf of entire FJR Forum, I want to sincerely apologize for the behavior of wheatonFJR & RadioHowie: Both are a pair of REAL ASSHOLES!!!

And this is coming from the one who gave the +1 Gunny to the posters, I do not find your post Sincere!
Madam: I'm truly sad, hurt, shocked, mortified and stricken that my post was deemed insincere by Yourself!

I do have questions though: Is your first name Peggy and is your Internet handle pgrhodes1 by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame on you for tricking me into reading a post about "jumping" things...

On NYE no less

Cruel beasts, all of ya!

:lol:

...He just bought the bike used, went to go ride it and the battery was dead! At least we can ride year round, enjoy your snowed in 6 months! I will take the straight roads in 70 degree weather over yours anyday!
I am sorry that I insulted I apologize...believe me, I kid with everybody...even strangers on the interwebs.

If the bike was used and came with a drained battery, I now understand your predicament, and take back my snarky comments. It's got to be disappointing to buy a bike and have it fail you like that. Quite frankly, the previous owner owes you an apology. I look forward to stopping by and having a beer with you someday on my way to Key West some day.

BTW, please don't have your wife yell at me again. I'm going to my room and cry now.

-Crying in Wheaton

Yeah, sincere apologies from me, too.

When I stated earlier...

Don't try figuring it out....he's from frikkin' Florida, fer Crissakes!
...had Mrs. Wenmark not flared into flashpoint so quickly and read the "User Info" below the poster's name and avatar, she would have noticed I'm from Florida, too, and would have better appreciated the irony and intended humor in my post.

That being said, Happy New Year and

:finger:

(^^^ that right there is known as a "smilie" and indicates humor and/or irony...jes sayin')

(besides, it's that damn Don Stanley who started this whole furball with his insincere apology HERE)

Shame on you for tricking me into reading a post about "jumping" things...

On NYE no less

Cruel beasts, all of ya!

:lol:

:p We should be spanked..
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba, Hubba! Hubba, Hubba, Hubba, Hubba! Hubba, Hubba, Hubba, Hubba! Hubba!

If our Miss Barb, Mary Ellen and Tyler are doing the spanking, sign Papa Chuy Viejo up for that one!

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me! Thank Goodness, it's Friday.

Whatabuncha Gimps!

You guys and your screwing around jumping stuff and each other are a fookin hoot!

Cripes! The battery in these hunks of shit is crap. Too small and about as strong as Howies hardon..

Just do like I did, and your battery woes are over..

FJR8INCHEDITEDCLEAR.jpg

Gebus! Do I have to do everything here?

Hang on now...this thread is about batteries for the FJR. Not about some other sort of "personal" accessory. Nor about whether you ride an FJR very much. Or whether it is hilly in Florida. Or whether Beemerdon is a A-Hole. Or whether someone should leave the computer on and leave the room.

C'mon! Stay ON topic. I would follow ionbeam's example...

...if I thought that was physically possible.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody! ...even to the bitches that ride on back. (I did that once I think)

Hey guys sorry for all the misunderstanding or commotion, but I went to get a new battery and left the thread open I guess the misses "Wendy" and me "Mark" hence Wenmark read this post and well she thought you were making fun of the fact that I did not know enough about the battery and that all Floridians are clueless, but I explained to her that the sense of humor is just for fun and no harm intended. She is Ok with it now just a misunderstnading. The bike is all fixed and roaring to life. it's a clear sunny 75' day so I am going for a ride. Thanks for all your helpful input. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and be safe around this holiday season. Happy trails! :D Mark

I do have questions though: Is your first name Peggy and is your Internet handle pgrhodes1 by any chance?
That right there's gonna leave a mark!

Hey guys sorry for all the misunderstanding or commotion, but I went to get a new battery and left the thread open I guess the misses "Wendy" and me "Mark" hence Wenmark read this post and well she thought you were making fun of the fact that I did not know enough about the battery and that all Floridians are clueless, but I explained to her that the sense of humor is just for fun and no harm intended. She is Ok with it now just a misunderstnading. The bike is all fixed and roaring to life. it's a clear sunny 75' day so I am going for a ride. Thanks for all your helpful input. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and be safe around this holiday season. Happy trails! :D Mark
Good for both of you, then, for seeing the twisted humor in this. How was your ride?

Greetings Mark and Wendy, Very glad that you fine FJR folks are here! You both have a sense of humor and you will fit in perfectly here! Plan on EOM in September!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=133956 September 22 through 25, 2011 in Corbin, Kentucky for EOM.

Party's over folks.. Move along. :drinks:

Let's all gang up on Stanley an Howie today

Excellent post. You are going to do well around here. Please tell your wife thanks for all the unintended humor this Friday morning.

Enjoy your new bike and have a great day riding. :clapping:

Sorry to see that this is over-it gave me a chuckle at work on NYE...

If anyone is gonna get spanked around here, it better be me

J'es saying LOL

Greetings Mark and Wendy, Very glad that you fine FJR folks are here! You both have a sense of humor and you will fit in perfectly here! Plan on EOM in September!
You ARE just a big ol' teddy bear, ain'tcha?

Party's over folks.. Move along. :drinks:

Let's all gang up on Stanley an Howie today
Gunny Dat! Hey...Stanley started this -- leave me OUTTA this, pikldik!

Excellent post. You are going to do well around here. Please tell your wife thanks for all the unintended humor this Friday morning.

Enjoy your new bike and have a great day riding. :clapping:
Good for you, Wheaties.....

Sorry to see that this is over-it gave me a chuckle at work on NYE...
Tryin' to stir things up more???

If anyone is gonna get spanked around here, it better be me

J'es saying LOL
The line forms to the REAR! :rofl:

don;t be saying it's to flat in Fl., He lives in ZephyrHILLS,Fl. and I know there is at least one hill there ride safe :yahoo:
Really? Here's a photo bonus I took during the 2003 IBRally. Elevations? I think not!

DSCN0042-small.jpg

BTW: Don't get upset about the kidding. We kid because we care. Look at the good suggestions (keep it on a BT and swap batteries every 2 years) and look at the rest as entertainment. These are the two things this forum does best.

don;t be saying it's to flat in Fl., He lives in ZephyrHILLS,Fl. and I know there is at least one hill there ride safe :yahoo:
Really? Here's a photo bonus I took during the 2003 IBRally. Elevations? I think not!
Hey, don't be makin' fun of our "elevations"! A 345 foot fall will kill ya, ya know!?