Best year for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2004, non-ABS.
This is the finest motorcycle of all FJRs ever produced in the History of Man.

True story.
OK i`ll bite , can you explain why ???
Truthfully.... I was yanking the chain of all other model-year owners who based their performance evaluation in paint color. :rolleyes:

Still, for me (personally), if *I* was in the market for a FJR today, it would be the '04 non-ABS. Not only because it meets my performance criteria, the Cerulean Silver is simply STUNNING in natural sunlight. The brakes are almost a magnitude of order superior to the '03 brakes (320mm rotors, versus the '03's undersized 298mm rotors), and the non-ABS allows for the hassle-free, relatively inexpensive (yet critical) upgrade to stainless steel lines up front.

Hey Warchild , i went to https://www.FJRTech.com & really like what you did & others of course, but i have 1 question . What are those little black boxes you have next too the 2 masters on the handlebars. I searched thru the whole thing & didn`t see what they were for.

Thanks Gerard

Hey Warchild , i went to https://www.FJRTech.com & really like what you did & others of course, but i have 1 question . What are those little black boxes you have next too the 2 masters on the handlebars. I searched thru the whole thing & didn`t see what they were for.
Thanks Gerard
Suspect you are talking about this box below?

Inboard switch is for the Datel. Outboard switch is for the HID Low-Beam-Only lamps.

2switches.jpg

The Control Box on the other side houses the Warm-n-Safe Heat Troller, and the PIAA 600 HID Aux Lamps (which will be up for sale here very soon... :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
06 though 08 are pretty much the same bike. The 06 and newer are a much improved bike in many ways over eariler years.

Well i`ll find out how the 07`s are i hope by fri - sat , as i have a deposit down on a used one & just waiting on the second bank to respond (i have a great credit rating & they still wanted to rip me off , so i`m playing the waiting game) But it`s pretty much mine (i hope)

2004, non-ABS.
This is the finest motorcycle of all FJRs ever produced in the History of Man.

True story.

Also the fastest and bestest of the genre. No motorcycle stands beside it... only far below it.

True story. Just ask Warchild. :yahoo:

QUOTE (Stephen @ Nov 27 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also the fastest and bestest of the genre. No motorcycle stands beside it... only far below it.

True story. Just ask Warchild.
yahoo.gif

Correct.

Too, as Stephen correctly observes, the performance-oriented among us understand that the Gen I non-ABS bikes had the highest power-to-weight ratio of any FJR ever made.
biggrin.gif

As it happens, I have one of these fine specimens in my garage right now... a Cerulean Silver 2004 non-ABS model. It is gorgeous. However, the owner might be living a double-life, because while he does in fact have a wife and children, the bike is awfully... clean.
blink.gif

I am looking into a few electrical issues at the moment....

testmule.jpg

Latest posts