BMW HP4 too tame for ya?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a speeding ticket just from looking at the pics...
blink.png

Oh man...I want one! I want one! I want one!
I don't get where it will race either, but I'd love to see it on the Salt Flats.
AJ,

Just think... you could slap a couple flashers on it, and "long arm of the law" would take on new meaning. Not only would NOBODY ever outrun a certain Albuquerque LEO, but you may indeed find your own arms growing longer over time...

Gary

darksider #44

They say the H2R is for racing. What sort of racing? Drags I guess, but I have to wonder what sort of organized racing will allow a Supercharged, I4 liter bike. But if the goal was to build a sphincter tightening bike, then it appears Kawasaki is spot on.
You did mean ONE LITER bike, right? Anyway, I have been watching this thing as Kawasaki has been gradually pulling back the wraps over the last couple weeks. I never would have believed it. What a machine. But on another note, since when did any manufacturer advertise and reveal a track-only bike in this manner? We're told that in a few weeks, Captain K will be releasing a street-going version of this platform. Seems like they would have revealed the streeter first, but what do I know? I'm sure the Big K marketing machine knows what they're doing. It's hard to argue with the 300 hp tidal wave that is quickly engulfing motorcycle headlines.

Anyway, I was there in 1972 when the news first came out about the original H2. At the time, most of us youngin's were enamored with the mighty H2. My buddy Dave's brother had one, and I found out first hand how scary it was. But in truth, it was a very different concept than Big K's latest effort.

The original H2 was a beautiful machine:

DSCF06031.jpg

Sure it was quick, but not a whole lot quicker than the competition of the day. It had a little more horsepower (I'm thinking 74??) than the competition. Honda's 750 four had 67.

--And maybe a little less weight, but a serious penchant for wheelies due to a subferior (is that even a word?) wheelbase... hence the term "widowmaker." The handling was awful and vibration, engine noise and lots of two stroke smoke came along with the package.

By comparison, the new H2 appears to be a truly cutting edge machine. Not only has Kawasaki hit a serious horsepower homerun, they have thrown down the gauntlet once again. As if the ZX14 wasn't already the king in the acceleration arena, they went and built this thing. Not sure what the street-going version will be like, but no doubt it will devour anything on the road today at the drag strip. Wonder how quickly it can chew through a new rear tire? Ha... owners will need a new routine: pull in the station, fill the tank, check the oil, change out the tire, and you're set to go !!!

Gary

darksider #44
To date the most fun I ever had on 2 wheels!!

They say the H2R is for racing. What sort of racing? Drags I guess, but I have to wonder what sort of organized racing will allow a Supercharged, I4 liter bike. But if the goal was to build a sphincter tightening bike, then it appears Kawasaki is spot on.
You did mean ONE LITER bike, right? Anyway, I have been watching this thing as Kawasaki has been gradually pulling back the wraps over the last couple weeks. I never would have believed it. What a machine. But on another note, since when did any manufacturer advertise and reveal a track-only bike in this manner? We're told that in a few weeks, Captain K will be releasing a street-going version of this platform. Seems like they would have revealed the streeter first, but what do I know? I'm sure the Big K marketing machine knows what they're doing. It's hard to argue with the 300 hp tidal wave that is quickly engulfing motorcycle headlines.

Anyway, I was there in 1972 when the news first came out about the original H2. At the time, most of us youngin's were enamored with the mighty H2. My buddy Dave's brother had one, and I found out first hand how scary it was. But in truth, it was a very different concept than Big K's latest effort.

The original H2 was a beautiful machine:

[img=[URL="https://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n330/Blacknight777/DSCF06031.jpg%5D"]https://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n330/Blacknight777/DSCF06031.jpg][/URL]

Sure it was quick, but not a whole lot quicker than the competition of the day. It had a little more horsepower (I'm thinking 74??) than the competition. Honda's 750 four had 67.

--And maybe a little less weight, but a serious penchant for wheelies due to a subferior (is that even a word?) wheelbase... hence the term "widowmaker." The handling was awful and vibration, engine noise and lots of two stroke smoke came along with the package.

By comparison, the new H2 appears to be a truly cutting edge machine. Not only has Kawasaki hit a serious horsepower homerun, they have thrown down the gauntlet once again. As if the ZX14 wasn't already the king in the acceleration arena, they went and built this thing. Not sure what the street-going version will be like, but no doubt it will devour anything on the road today at the drag strip. Wonder how quickly it can chew through a new rear tire? Ha... owners will need a new routine: pull in the station, fill the tank, check the oil, change out the tire, and you're set to go !!!

Gary

darksider #44
To date the most fun I ever had on 2 wheels!!
You mean you never "entertained" a woman on top of a bike? Say it isn't so.

300 hp? The new VMax is 202 hp, couldn't hook the rear tire up in a quarter mile yet still turned a 10.2 quarter, what the hell would you do with 300 hp. The worst problem isn't it having that kind of power it's the idiots that buy a bike like that and start throwing parts at it to make it faster and more powerful. Don't get me wrong I love massive hp, but when is enough enough. That much power the people (mostly "kids") buying them just become what are better known as statistics. On the other hand, she is a work of art.

300 hp? The new VMax is 202 hp...turned a 10.2 quarter, what the hell would you do with 300 hp...idiots that buy a bike like that and start throwing parts at it to make it faster and more powerful...
You mean like a 350 hp turbo Hayabusa?

16cdc93c.jpg