Bought a Penske Rear Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same shock. I'm 200 lbs and have both the 850 and 900 lb springs. The 850 lb spring works best for me, but now the shock is probably 10 years old with 85000 miles on it, and still good with no leak.

Thanks good to know it could last a while. I may also buy an 850# spring if the 900 is too stiff.

I have the same shock. I'm 200 lbs and have both the 850 and 900 lb springs. The 850 lb spring works best for me, but now the shock is probably 10 years old with 85000 miles on it, and still good with no leak.

Interesting. 700# spring on an FJR is pretty low. I get the compliance thing, but still...... How much do you weigh?
I doublechecked and it's actually a 750# spring. I'm around 240# gear on. I had discussions about this with Lee at Traxxion and my feedback to him was that it's doing exactly what I had hoped. I don't ride two up anymore and I've never had it bottom out despite the marginal roads.

I doublechecked and it's actually a 750# spring. I'm around 240# gear on. I had discussions about this with Lee at Traxxion and my feedback to him was that it's doing exactly what I had hoped. I don't ride two up anymore and I've never had it bottom out despite the marginal roads.

If it's working for you, good on you. I am just really surprised it's working for you at your weight with that spring.