Bought my last bike - Big FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see you reporting again ya mick bastage. Soon as I see Photoshopped pics of Stanley and Dougie bear doing something silly I'll know it's the real you.

Loved the RR! Especially glad the old FJR bag liners work in the new XL bags
punk.gif

This may be my next ride (when I need a better pillion ) someday.

Does it come in RED???

Many thanks to you my Irish Nephew, for breaking the ice for Papa Chuy Viejo! If I don't get my right arm back, with you thugs now riding Hondapotamus Lead Wing Barcaloungers I'll not feel the slightest bit embarrassed at showing up at 2016 FJR Forum Events in a convertible! Erin ga' bragh! Es verdad, ese!

Many thanks to you my Irish Nephew, for breaking the ice for Papa Chuy Viejo! If I don't get my right arm back, with you thugs now riding Hondapotamus Lead Wing Barcaloungers I'll not feel the slightest bit embarrassed at showing up at 2016 FJR Forum Events in a convertible! Erin ga' bragh! Es verdad, ese!
You're gonna get your arm back just fine Don and then we will see you on a wingabago towing a trailer.

Say it ain't so, OM! First, no matter what "Steve" purportedly said, that AIN'T an FJR. And neither a Honda logo nor the word "Wing" in its model name make that thing a more aerodynamic glider than a Gen.II FJR for hucking yer carcass off mountain roads.

Man, you can sure tell when senility has set in.

What is troubling is when I see this aged migration - Bluestreek, Bugnater, FJRay all switching to barcaloungers. Makes it harder every day to deny one's own advancing age, ya bastage! Next thing, we know, it'll be Rogdeb, madmike and SacramentoMike!

So, does this portend a forum switch, too? Has a weird feel to it - seems like losing long time neighbor Mr. Rogers to the seemingly inevitable move to assisted living across town.

You were right - only an FJR will do, but at least it isn't a Wing trike yet. Still hope you enjoy, my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're gonna get your arm back just fine Don and then we will see you on a wingabago towing a trailer.
Actually Ray and Rich, my Girlfriend Donna and my Son Seth both said they could see themselves on a GW Trike! SacMike and Roger sent me this pic!

honda-goldwing-trike-gl1500.gif

Say it ain't so, OM! First, no matter what "Steve" purportedly said, that AIN'T an FJR. And neither a Honda logo nor the word "Wing" in its model name make that thing a more aerodynamic glider than a Gen.II FJR for hucking yer carcass off mountain roads.

What is troubling is when I see this aged migration - Bluestreek, Bugnater, FJRay all switching to barcaloungers. Makes it harder every day to deny one's own advancing age, ya bastage! Next thing, we know, it'll be Rogdeb, madmike and SacramentoMike!

So, does this portend a forum switch, too? Has a weird feel to it - like losing a long time neighbor like Mr. Rogers to his moving out of the neighborhood and into an old folks home.

You were right - only an FJR will do, but at least it isn't a Wing trike yet. Still hope you enjoy, my friend.

So, does this portend a forum switch, too? Has a weird feel to it - seems like losing long time neighbor Mr. Rogers to the seemingly inevitable move to assisted living across town.

Don't worry Rich. We'll save a spot for you in the assisted living home. I didn't switch to the rolling couch, I just added it to the fleet. Still have the FJR and the KLR is home also and MY KLR runs.
bleh.gif

HOLE-EE-CRAAAAP.

I feel like I'm in some weird twilight zone where everybody is turning into a martian or sumpin...or that the town goes suddenly desolate.

I liked the RR...though not enough smart ass for me...or maybe I haven't gotten to the subtlety yet.

You can keep the bike.

Nice enough for old man Bugnatr...but now it really is lookin' like yer BEING Old Michael.

Just prove to me that you can wheelie on thatold man's Wing and all is forgiven.

Crap...what da heck iz goin ON 'round here?

I ain't never getting old enough to need a LeadWing. I'm putting the engine back together again on the WR450 and going to do stoppies (or crash my brains out) to prove it.

Don't worry about the town going suddenly desolate Mark. Judging by the last Tech Day there is a new crop of FJR riders riding into town to take over for all those senile Gen 1 antique owners.

So, you just took his word regarding a properly annealed and/or crush washer. I suspect you've been had my friend. I suppose you also accepted his word that it was properly torqued.

Given the fact that he sold you an 07(should be purple) FJR in Galaxy Blue with 4K miles I suspect he's also running Valvoline Syntec 5W-30.

Well, I wish you luck.

Can I borrow it next weekend?

Latest posts