Bought my last bike - Big FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez, miss a few days checking in here and look what happens! I thought the earth's axis felt a bit off kilter, now I know why. Guessing 4 pages worth of fun and frivolity haven't dampened your liking for your FJR's new stablemate, but it does have a helmet matching plate so I guess it'll do. Admins take note new screen name:

REALLY OLD michael

Oh, and I'm with Tyler, any excuse for you to do a RR is a win/win for us here behind a keyboard.
Fixed it for ya John.
Great add 'Bug, fits for sure!

...and gotta admit, the RR's are an added bonus.

--G

Well, all I can add is that I see a LOT of the barges on the road, and often they're far from home. Gotta be something behind that fact.

Don't want one, but I could see the day -- when I get old -- that it might be nice. Kinda like a convertible, or maybe an old-school Jeep with the doors off. And you can park 'em anywhere because they have a reverse gear.

Definitely a touring bike, but just as definitely not a SPORT touring bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Definitely a touring bike, but just as definitely not a SPORT touring bike.
Funny, that's what some folks say about the FJR.
biggrin.png

Whatever, I think we can all agree that Michael is OLD.

biggrin.png

Well, "some folks" have not tried to keep up with a good FJR rider on a challenging roadway. There's a reason FJRs figure prominently in the IBR.

biggrin.png

Well, "some folks" have not tried to keep up with a good FJR rider on a challenging roadway. There's a reason FJRs figure prominently in the IBR.
Agree the FJR is a great LD bike but she is damn portly compared to my supermoto and no way will the fjr keep up to my 990 on a challenging roadway. It's all about weight in the twisty stuff.

A Wing is no FJR but they do better than most folks think.

biggrin.png

Agree the FJR is a great LD bike but she is damn portly compared to my supermoto and no way will the fjr keep up to my 990 on a challenging roadway. It's all about weight in the twisty stuff.
A Wing is no FJR but they do better than most folks think.
So did OM buy a 990 also? I'm surprised he stopped at a Wing, and didn't just go full bore with the HD Trike!

Congrats on the FJR XL! That is identical to mine in color and year. Was close to the mileage when I got it last year, but that's long passed as I'm sure yours will be too. I bought mine for my wife on our long distance 2-up trips like a lot of others, but it keeps surprising me how well it handles.

I know you're joking about being as fast as the FJR, unless you've never had it over 5K RPMs. But as to the sport touring, I have to say she is only wearing a fat girl disguise on the twisties. I just rode my wing to NC again and pushed her really hard going down Moonshiner 28 from Franklin to Highlands and she didn't respond noticeably different than my FJR on those curves. I have to shift my weight or I'll scrape, but I have to do that on the FJR, too.

The age thing is crap. The acceleration is the reason to love the FJR. If we were all about image, we'd all have Harley's right?

Old Paul

Congratulations on your purchase. Now, you can legitimately say excuse me while I wax my couch.

I love that picture of the Wing and the FJR together. THAT is the difference between a TOURING bike and a SPORTS-touring bike!

Well done OM! An '07 with 4000 mils is pretty cool. I like the color too. I've got the electric blue 2012.

Not quite the same in the corners as the feej but it will do pretty well. We'll be on mine for SW-FOG

We can team up with Galaxy Blue and be "Team Relaxed"!

I ignore the forum for months at a time and you go off and do this.
you better still post RRs...that's the only reason I come back to this site.

Oh and wheaton's witty banter...

Latest posts