button-head socket cap screw needed for rostra installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luis

Reaction score
I am in the middle of this epic installation. All the wiring is done and checked. I drilled the tang with a 4mm drill bit but all the screws I can find rub against the throttle wire. Anyone that has done this installation before... Any spares? I have heard that Smitty may have one? I would be eternally grateful to any kind soul out there ☺

Luis

Can't supply you with one, but just a hint - even with a button-headed screw I had to file a flat in its head to prevent rubbing (this on an Audiovox installation).
(Click on image for larger view)

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not, try a Harley dealership. The shop I worked for stocked a wide variety of those even in metric sizes for the V-Rod. Harley uses a lot of button head screws on their accessories. You'll end up with a chrome one but who cares.

Good luck.

I used a 5/32 crosshead screw and ground the head flat...not much bite left for the screwdriver but enough....also it is possible to bend the tang away slightly but must needs be very careful...no hamfist here...

side note...the Rostra worked good except for the occasional dropout...only way I got ride of that was by using a signal divider and changing the pulse rate on the CC