Can you swap front right brake calipers between Gen II and Gen III?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dosallen

Reaction score
I messed up the two little pistons for the linked back brake in the front right caliper as well as one of the larger front brake pistons in the same caliper on a 2006 FJR (they were badly seized with all of the seals ruptured and wedged in there), and am wondering if I can swap out either just the pistons from or the entire caliper off a Gen III. I've had trouble finding the specific piston specs, but the cost of a salvaged Gen III caliper is way less than the replacement pistons, and I can't seem to find a salvaged Gen II caliper that can deliver quickly. This was meant to be a quick brake pad job before leaving next week for a long trip.

Thanks in advance!

Dos

I messed up the two little pistons for the linked back brake in the front right caliper as well as one of the larger front brake pistons in the same caliper on a 2006 FJR (they were badly seized with all of the seals ruptured and wedged in there), and am wondering if I can swap out either just the pistons from or the entire caliper off a Gen III. I've had trouble finding the specific piston specs, but the cost of a salvaged Gen III caliper is way less than the replacement pistons, and I can't seem to find a salvaged Gen II caliper that can deliver quickly. This was meant to be a quick brake pad job before leaving next week for a long trip.

Thanks in advance!

Dos