Cardo Packtalk Bold - Testing in progress!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's certainly a plus for Cardo that you were able to get to a tech for play-by-play support. I do not recommend trying this, with Sena, at home, kids.

bigjohnsd posted: ... after Chama Pass, Durango to Silverton then over the Million Dollar Highway etc. A true test of Man and Machine!
<jealous>

Good comms between Packtalk Bold users and with the Cardo SRC paired to one Packtalk then "Bridged" into the mesh. Limited range between the SRC and the Packtalk he was connected to. At anything over 100 yards the connection got squirrely. Normal snap crackle and pops associated with bluetooth pairings was present between the SRC and the paired Packtalk but was apparently not transmitted through to the Mesh.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Uncle Hud" data-cid="1404276" data-time="1535568614"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'><p><strong class='bbc'>FJRMaineiac</strong> posted, in part: I first purchased the Sena 30K and was happy with them at first until my son got caught in a thunderstorm and his 30K died. Only then did I see the fine print that they are "water resistant" not "water proof" (or at least typical motorcycle weather-proof). </p></blockquote>

<br />

I see you drowned a 30K, and I'm surprised.<br />

<br />

Mine's a 20S, but I've ridden through all-day steady rains and heavy downpours with no problem. The little rubber tab that plugs up the charging connection? Mine detached and was thrown away over a year ago. Plenty more rainstorms, including a very wet 10-hour day last month riding to Atlanta, DE. Still no issues.<br />

<br />

Strange ...</p></blockquote>

Yea, I was surprised and disappointed too. On the plus side, while I have heard of some people struggling with Sena's customer service, I actually got to a live person right away (although, to be fair, she didn't sound like English was her mother tongue, if you get my meaning). She went through all of the troubleshooting that she could over the phone and did say that they would replace it if I wasn't able to take care of the problem to my satisfaction with the seller. After reading some other posts about the 30K not being waterproof, and learning that the seller I purchased it from was out of stock so I couldn't do an exchange, I took the refund and used it to buy the Cardo. So far I am pleased with the Cardo. The phone app is much better. I should have the opportunity to test the Bluetooth connection with a Sena SMH10 in a couple of weeks. I am hopeful that it will go well.