CB Radio Antena mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aluminum angle with 2 bolts to the Givi mount. Doesn't stick out as much as it looks, it barely clears the bag.

Antenna.jpg

Like the Thai massage girl would say: "Work fine, last long time."

I've used the older Starcomm, and a handheld Midland (Radio Shack) CB. Tried using both the small attached antenna and a NGP Firestick. But everytime I try to key the mic, using the PTT button mounted on my bars, all anyone hears is a loud squeal. Any ideas? Need to get bike to bike working....

I have a 2008 with Yamaha top box and mount. I used a 2 in x 16 in piece of flat iron purchased at Ace Hardware. I used the center bolt of the top box mount for one of the bolts and drilled a hole in the top box mount to go through the antenna mount to keep the antenna mount secure. Even though the iron antenna mount is grounded to the frame via the center top box mount, I used a ground strap to connect the antenna mount to the frame to make a better ground plane connection. This mount is strong and allows the antenna to stand far enough from the top box to not hit the top box in any strong wind. I am using a Firestik swivel base CB antenna that folds down to fit under a bike cover.
Some pictures: You may have to double click on the first picture to see the three photos.

https://picasaweb.google.com/azokie
What type of CB radio are you using and where is it located?

Jekirby

Two questions come to mind when looking at these pictures...

1. I see you are using a no ground plane antenna from Firestick. Did you choose to use this first, or was it recommended to you by Firestick? Our bikes have a lack of steel where the antenna mounts, I'm curious if high SWR forced you to use a NGP system.

2. I like the Pelican case first aid kit you built for the back of your bike. Mounting it under the license plate is a great place for it. Do you recall what model/size it is? I want to get my first aid kit out the lid of my Givi trunk. This is a perfect example of function over form, I love it!

Brodie

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

The chrome sleeve at the base is a QD fitting.

ok,

so i have done some research :) try 4 different mount, and here is

the final result of my antenna mount on givi rack.

Material is an aluminum. I hope it will be strong enough. Till now ( about week of riding ) everything seems to be fine.

Here is some pict. Sorry for a dirt :) Tomorrow will be clean :)

I've used the older Starcomm, and a handheld Midland (Radio Shack) CB. Tried using both the small attached antenna and a NGP Firestick. But everytime I try to key the mic, using the PTT button mounted on my bars, all anyone hears is a loud squeal. Any ideas? Need to get bike to bike working....
Have you tuned it with a SW Meter?

Have you try to transmit without PTT button? Only with speaker connected to starcomm ?

What kind of other devices are nearby your CB ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts