CFO 2009 Route Maps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, here are the files (single file download).

EDIT - added POI to this post

LINKY

POI FILE - right click (windows) and choose "Save As"

Here's how I put the routes together. For each route the waypoints are named as the Route and numbered sequentially. In other words, the Iowa River Road waypoints are named "IowaRiverRoad-01" through whatever the end number is :)

Why? It makes it easier to know the route and if you want to ride the route in reverse, you just have to flip the order of the waypoints.

The POIs will be done soon and in a separate file.

Enjoy (and let me know if you have issues downloading the file

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be adding the following POIs, as suggested in another thread, tonight.

Hansen's HoldUp

S2428 State Highway 95

Arcadia, WI 54612-8749

House On The Rock

5754 State Road 23

Spring Green, WI 53533

Phone: 800-334-5275 or 608-935-3639

Highway 14 Construction: (from the House on the Rock website)

There will be construction on Highway 14 between Cross Plains and Mazomanie until early September 2009. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is detouring traffic in Middleton to US 12, then to WI Hwy 19 to WI Hwy 78 to join back up with US 14 just before Mazomanie. This detour will add approximately 15 minutes to the trip from Madison. There is also a county road KP which parallels Hwy 14 which you could travel on from Cross Plains to Mazomanie (marked in red on map). Please note that County road KP is not rated for truck traffic.

Grandad's Bluff

400 La Crosse St

La Crosse, WI 54601

Pikes Peak State Park

15316 Great River Rd

Mc Gregor, IA 52157

Effigy Mounds

151 Highway 76

Harpers Ferry, IA‎

Dr Evermore's Forevertron

43.358152,-89.769255

North Freedom Train Museum

approx

Koch Rd, north freedom, wi

Breitbach's Country Dining

Placement on map is approximate

563 Balltown Rd

Sherrill, IA 52073

Pickwick Mill, MN

<verifying address and/or GPS coordinates>

Niagara Cave

Placement on map is approximate

29842 County 30

Harmony, MN 55939-4520

Any others?

I'll be adding the following POIs, as suggested in another thread, tonight.
<BIG Snip>

Any others?
Oh yeah, I've got about 120 others for bonuses on the Rally Rallye :yahoo: I'm not using all of them so I'll see what I've got to donate to the cause.

BTW, down load went smooth to my windoz box at work I'll download to the Mac at home tonight.

Oh yeah, I've got about 120 others for bonuses on the Rally Rallye :yahoo: I'm not using all of them so I'll see what I've got to donate to the cause.
BTW, down load went smooth to my windoz box at work I'll download to the Mac at home tonight.
Ok. I think it's going well. I've noticed a few downloads already, other than the test downloads I did on a few computers at home last night.

I can add POIs up to the week before. After that y'all will just have to figure out how to get them entered manually.

I meant to get the POIs done by now, but my laptop is acting up so I'm reloading it. Borrowing a friends now, but it doesn't have the software I want and I don't feel like installing it on their laptop right now.

Short ride tomorrow....I should get the POI file done this week. Sorry for the delay

I have a Garmin 378 and I can't find my cable which I need in order to install the route files. Will anyone at CFO have a cable that will work on the 378, and a computer?

I have a Garmin 378 and I can't find my cable which I need in order to install the route files. Will anyone at CFO have a cable that will work on the 378, and a computer?
I'm not familar with the 378 but understand it is a standard mini usb. If so, I'm sure there will be plenty of those to be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not familar with the 378 but understand it is a standard mini usb. If so, I'm sure there will be plenty of those to be found.
It's not mini-USB. It's round and has 5 pins. Damn thing. Maybe it's time to break down and get a Zumo.

It's not mini-USB. It's round and has 5 pins. Damn thing. Maybe it's time to break down and get a Zumo.
Hmmmm, sounds a lot like my GPS V cable. I'll look at the Garmin site and see if it's the same.

Hmmmm, sounds a lot like my GPS V cable. I'll look at the Garmin site and see if it's the same.
Can't tell for sure, the pics are too small to really see the ends. They list as an accessory a mini usb for route transfer. Does your's have a plug for the GMX XM radio puck? That's mini usb.

OK checked the online owners manual and it show that a mini USB can be used to transfer routes. Your's might be older but if it has the mini USB for the GMX XM puck you can use that, maybe :blink:

Any way I can get the put the gpx files into google maps and print them out? I dont have a GPS :angry: