CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know the laws of toy land up there in New Brunswick but any chance that we can get a chiminea for a little fire during the evenings? Nothing like telling a few lies around the fire. Never hurts to ask.

Moosehead likely still has a little bit of wood left. :rolleyes:

Canadian FJR
A fire ? In June ?! <sigh> I'll see what I can find out

President's Choice has S'mores kits. Do you want those, too? or just the marshmallows ? :blink: (there are alder bushes on the back hill you can whittle to make spears for your marshmallows :p )

I don't know the laws of toy land up there in New Brunswick but any chance that we can get a chiminea for a little fire during the evenings? Nothing like telling a few lies around the fire. Never hurts to ask.

Moosehead likely still has a little bit of wood left. :rolleyes:

Canadian FJR
What's this "chiminea" stuff...... the proper terminology is Caveman TV!!

... There better damn well be polar bears at CFR 2011! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

... any chance that we can get a chiminea for a little fire during the evenings? ...
...and some o' them jammies with feets in them.

For when it's like, .... chilly?
Seth and I are both packing our Snuggies to the Maritime Provinces! There is a reason Nord du Ligne is called The Great White Frozen Northern Icebox! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

2002.jpg

Brother Mick, I hope at least half of what you've been telling me about New Brunswick is true. I mean, I hope the part about loose women is true; not the part about freezing cold rainfalls, damnit!

Last edited by a moderator:
There better damn well be polar bears at CFR 2011! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
I have a solution. We will give Don a paint brush and some whitewash and we'll take him to the city dump. There's bound to be some black bears around and Don can then go up to the black bear and paint it white so it looks like a polar bear.

I will be standing well back with my 300mm telephoto on the Nikon to capture the moment.

I can pretty much guarantee it will be a FJR Forum Classic.

As an added bonus since we will already be at the dump we won't have to worry about cleaning up the mess.

^^^Like I said, don't forget your Loonies & Toonies.. :clapping:
Speaking of which, are there "Cambios del Dinero", Money Exchanges at the Maine-New Brunswick border?

Or do I have to go to El Banco en Estados Unidos para mi Loonies & Toonies? Inquiring minds want to know!

Speaking of which, are there "Cambios del Dinero", Money Exchanges at the Maine-New Brunswick border?

Or do I have to go to El Banco en Estados Unidos para mi Loonies & Toonies? Inquiring minds want to know!
Your best bet is to use your bank card at a Canadian Bank ATM. Vanceboro is a backwater border crossing that doesn't even have a duty free store. Remember to let your bank know that you are traveling outside of your usual location so that they don't flag your cards and lock them down.

If you get in serious trouble I can sell you a Canadian dollar for 5 American pesos. Also, be prepared to take out a mortgage on the house to buy a liter of gas in the Maritimes. There is 3.76 liters in a US gallon. There is 4.45 liters in a real (imperial) gallon.

A proper pint at the pub is 20 fluid oz. by the way, not the girly man 16 oz. you get south of the border.

Seems to me there is, Don - but I'm not sure :blink: . I always do my money exchanges at my bank before I leave town. Conversion rates tend to be more fair there. The US dollar and Canuckistani loonie are so close right now that I don't know how big of a deal conversion will be. I find the local stores to be pretty fair but you have to be mindful. If you don't get it done before, we can do some trading on Monday morning.

For money exchange without ATM fees (but probably still a bank fee), go to Walmart or a grocery store and use your debit card to pay for your purchase, and get cash back. I do this all the time in the US to avoid ATM fees.

For those of you who are not familiar with the term Caveman TV, it's almost like it sounds. Think back to caveman days, no cable or satellite, hunting and gathering all day and at night, just lit up the wood he'd gathered and watched the one channel....... with a stick holding the food... no re-runs, every show was different. Real Caveman TV, not like them "chimineas" things..... and no smores.

Didn't want to hold up our CFR FJR riding group by scrambling around looking for Canuck Money, I went to Chase Bank branch here in Chandler and ordered up 500 Kanuckian Whatcha-Ma-Callits.

If you're interested, cost me $547.11 United States Dollars to buy 500 Frostback Funny Monies from Chase. Exchange rate was 1.09421 and bills arrive here on Saturday. We are ready to roll now!

Didn't want to hold up our CFR FJR riding group by scrambling around looking for Canuck Money, I went to Chase Bank branch here in Chandler and ordered up 500 Kanuckian Whatcha-Ma-Callits.

If you're interested, cost me $547.11 United States Dollars to buy 500 Frostback Funny Monies from Chase. Exchange rate was 1.09421 and bills arrive here on Saturday. We are ready to roll now!
I wonder what the exchange rate is from Ontario loonies to New Brunswick cods.

I wonder what the exchange rate is from Ontario loonies to New Brunswick cods.
Man Bill, I didn't think to ask the bank clerk about the rate of ON loonies vs. NB cods!

https://www.moviefone.com/movie/canadian-bacon/1540/synopsis John Candy, Alan Alda and Rhea Perlman!

I'm watching the movie "Canadian Bacon" this afternoon to get ready for the ride!

I am planning to buy some of that funny looking money locally as well. I hadn't thought about the need to order in advance. Guess I'd better get over to the bank pretty soon.

Well damn, Stanley. That should cover the beer tab the first night. What are you gonna do on night two?

We're all countin' on you Bro!

Well damn, Stanley. That should cover the beer tab the first night. What are you gonna do on night two?

We're all countin' on you Bro!
No worries Fred, I cleared my Chase credit card and debit card for Canada while at the bank.

Tomorrow I will clear both my Bank of America credit and debit cards for essentials: Alcohol.