CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DonS,

We should probably start a new thread so as not to mess up this one, at least for another 2 weeks. ;)

As for CFR 2012, I thought I had heard a rumor that CFR was going to host the next NAFO somewhere in BC for 2012?
Ah come on Freddy Bear, how could we possibly mess up this thread more than we already have? Maybe have Bustanut joker, Skoot or RadioHowie start posting to it?

Actually your spies are telling me the same thing that my top secret operatives are telling me, there will not be a CFR 2012 per se, but a NAFO held up in Canuckistan.

If it occupies the same dates as NAFO traditionally does, the last part of July, then the four Alaska Travelers will just plan on riding Alaska in June; because our boys go back to school in late July. As much as I love attending NAFO, three under my belt, Seth's school startup on July 2X is always the complication for Papa Chuy Viejo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually your spies are telling me the same thing that my top secret operatives are telling me, there will not be a CFR 2012 per se, but a NAFO held up in Canuckistan.

If it occupies the same dates as NAFO traditionally does, the last part of July, then the four Alaska Travelers will just plan on riding Alaska in June; because our boys go back to school in late July. As much as I love attending NAFO, three under my belt, Seth's school startup on July 2X is always the complication for Papa Chuy Viejo.
Two things, Papa:

1. fer chrissakes do NOT look at the weather forecast for the week of June 20th. I know there are "global warming" effects but this is FUBAR :blink: I repeat, do NOT look - or if you look, don't pay it any mind :p

2. With respect to the timing of NAFO, IIRC and if my source is reliable, I believe that NAFO takes place in the timeframe of the Regional Ride of the hosting region. (there must be a better way to word that !) eg., NAFO 2010 was hosted by EOM and EOM's regional ride is typically the 3rd week of September. If this holds true and if CFR hosts NAFO 2012, then NAFO 2012 would be held the 3rd week of June (CFR '09, '10 and '11). Keep on keepin' on, Papa.....

Two things, Papa:

1. fer chrissakes do NOT look at the weather forecast for the week of June 20th. I know there are "global warming" effects but this is FUBAR :blink: I repeat, do NOT look - or if you look, don't pay it any mind :p

2. With respect to the timing of NAFO, IIRC and if my source is reliable, I believe that NAFO takes place in the timeframe of the Regional Ride of the hosting region. (there must be a better way to word that !) eg., NAFO 2010 was hosted by EOM and EOM's regional ride is typically the 3rd week of September. If this holds true and if CFR hosts NAFO 2012, then NAFO 2012 would be held the 3rd week of June (CFR '09, '10 and '11). Keep on keepin' on, Papa.....
Thank You Sweetheart, very much appreciated. 1) The weather is going to be what it is and we will enjoy CFR no matter what, we have wet weather gear and warm clothes so we are good to go whatever the conditions are. Only God and Fairlaner control the weather, and sometimes Richard does not fully cooperate with God!

https://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/documents/schedules/Summer11/SE_S11.pdf 2) The Alaska Marine Highway, traditionally for the last ten years at least, has Northbound Sailings on Friday and Southbound Sailings on Monday; between Bellingham, Washington and Haines/Skagway. If we don't see anything telling us different by January 1, The Kern-Stanley Boys will book our sailing in anticipation that the 2012 Canadian Regional Ride will occur approximately between June 15-25. That's close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades!

Now, even though this is a Machts Nichts item, I have to assume by Western Canada this means British Columbia, Alberta and the Yukon. We would even attend CFR/NAFO if it was in Saskatchewan or the Northwest Territories; but we definitely draw the line on that hellhole Manitoba. Only smart thing about Manitoba is that they wisely kicked out the Irish O'Keeffe Clan almost fifty years ago! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Thank You Sweetheart, very much appreciated. 1) The weather is going to be what it is and we will enjoy CFR no matter what, we have wet weather gear and warm clothes so we are good to go whatever the conditions are. Only God and Fairlaner control the weather, and sometimes Richard does not fully cooperate with God!
I quite agree about the weather. I don't give a frog's fat ass if it sprinkles rain as long as it's not cold AND as long as it's not on Tuesday evening for our Lobster Boil!! I'm keeping the dinner price down by not renting a tent so we all may end up in your motel room :rofl:

If we don't see anything telling us different by January 1, The Kern-Stanley Boys will book our sailing in anticipation that the 2012 Canadian Regional Ride will occur approximately between June 15-25. That's close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades!
Geez Louise ! don't go by what I say!! I'm always the last one to the party and, therefore, the information :unsure:

... Only smart thing about Manitoba is that they wisely kicked out the Irish O'Keeffe Clan almost fifty years ago! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Poor Old Michael. If only he'd ditch that "Whip Me" sign he wears on his back.... :p

Poor Old Michael. If only he'd ditch that "Whip Me" sign he wears on his back.... :p

No need to feel sorry for OM, Don tells me that he likes it that way...
Actually Mark and MEM, OM changed the sign to read "Whip It" and he's been exchanging tweets with Tony Weiner lately!

Actually Mark and MEM, OM changed the sign to read "Whip It" and he's been exchanging tweets with Tony Weiner lately!
Well, OM DID tell me it's been a long time since a beaver talked to him ...

BTW - how did the CFR thread degenerate to a discussion of Old Michael and talking beavers? :blink:

Ya bunch o' degenerates :bleh:

Well, OM DID tell me it's been a long time since a beaver talked to him ...

Nice Beaver, I'm sending it to RadioHowie!

I can;t believe that the Canadian form of NAFO/CFR would be in July as I was told by a little birdy that CFR can't be moved! It has to be the third week of June.

just saying..... :lol:

I can;t believe that the Canadian form of NAFO/CFR would be in July as I was told by a little birdy that CFR can't be moved! It has to be the third week of June.

Who said it would be in July ?

Who said it would be in July ?
Has "El Jefe" (The Boss) been chosen for the Canadian form of NAFO/CFR 2012 yet? If it's Jeff, Dave or Chris I know they can be bribed with cheap beer and pretzels. If it's Mary Ellen, Barb or Kasey I know I have to roll out the champagne, caviar and roses!

NOTE: The Alaska Marine Highway System has lessened their cancellation fees from what they used to be, they used to ding you 15% to change your sailing date. Now they just hit you up for a $10 fee to change your sailing date, that is if they have an opening for your vehicle on the new sailing date and a stateroom available for the new sailing date that you want.

In January 2012 "The Alaska Travelers" will just book our sailing, either Northbound or Soutbound, that will facilitate a Canadian form of NAFO/CFR being held the third week of June. Yo tengo no problems, ese!

"Cancellations and Changes

To make changes or to cancel an itinerary, contact our reservation call center at 1-800-642-0066, or your local ferry terminal. Cancellation charges will be applied when any cancellation is made within 14 days of sailing resulting in a reduction in the prepaid amount. The penalty is 15% of the unused portion. A $10 change fee will be applied when any change is made to a vehicle itinerary, unless the change results in an increase of the value of the itinerary".

I take it you folks do not include the mid-day nap in that number? :lazy:

I take it you folks do not include the mid-day nap in that number? :lazy:
Excellent point Greg, the poor working stiff bastards don't know how wonderful our daily afternoon la Siesta (the nap) is to we worthless Retirees! jes' sayin' and nuff' said'