CFR 2015 is still in Nelson, BC and is still July 16-19

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading out tomorrow to [other] points north.

Both of y'all have fun!

--G
How do you know there are 2 of them?
unknw.gif
good point...

--G

I heard the Mister "I Never Get to Go Anywhere" was out in Nelson.

Just as a heads up there has been some initial discussion on CFR 2016. I going to be looking into the possibility of Calabogie, Ontario and would like to have it the weekend after the Calabogie Boogie trailride hosted by the Bytown Motorcycle Club. There is also the gentler, kinder Calabogie Dual Sport ride for folks like Huron52 that don't like getting a soaker.

The plan for the adventurous types would be to trailer both the dirt bike and the FJR and make a major outing covering the two weekends. There's lots to ride and see in the area with Ottawa and the Laurentians of Quebec all within a day ride.

I'll be talking to the kingpins around here and see if we can make this fly and then when I am up at the Calabogie Boogie this year I will see if we can arrange a block of rooms somewhere in the area. If it all works out we will post a new thread in the late fall for those that need to book vacation but it will NOT be any sooner than that.

In the meantime BeemerDons will be along to yap about Manitoba. For someone who professes not to do snow I don't understand why he was his little black heart set on Winterpeg...

winnipeg%20poem-L.jpg

I heard the Mister "I Never Get to Go Anywhere" was out in Nelson.
He posted up on Facebook that he was in Wawa on the 17th. Maybe an old post or I was mistaken.

The Calabogie idea is a good one. Accomodations will probably be the issue.

I might suggest a little further west. We did the Highlands ride based out of Pembroke. Great riding in easy striking distance. Lots of accomodations, food, fuel. We could book the banquet at the Wilno Tavern! Who doesn't like awesome Polish food!

https://www.ridethehighlands.ca/

Edit: Added link to Ride the Highlands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bungie, yamafitter, MEM, Tomaso and Barb: Wherever you Hosers and Hosettes have a Canadian Rally in 2016 we Stanley's will be there, eh! Miss Donna wants to see Canada, don't know what she's thinking eh! Canadians are just Mexicans wearing sweaters instead of tank top wife beaters, plus Mexico is only 100 miles from us Arriba-Ai-Ai!

Last edited by a moderator:
CFR was an intimate gathering this year. FJRGuy, Canucklehead, and myself with significant others Sylvia, Lucie and Jill, were joined by Bashaw - Brian - a new to rallies guy from Victoria. There was a fire on the mountain behind our motel, but much fun was had and beautiful roads ridden. Even a tech session in the parking lot of the Hume to install frame sliders on Jill's new (to her) FZ6.

What dates are you thinking for Ontario in 2016 guys?

Pembroke was my mom's home town - she married my dad there when he was stationed at Petawawa during WW2 - the war to end all wars...

Third week in September???? When does winter start in Canada?
Mi Amigo Steve-O, I have been riding with our Canuckistani Billy Fitz for many years now so please let me give some really good advice Hombre! Ask Fred W, eh!

Arguing with yamafitter is like teaching a pig how to sing, it's a total and complete waste of your time and annoys the Living Fuck out of the pig. JSNS, Kielbasa eh!

Latest posts