CFR 2016 When, Where, Why & Who?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill- I wouldn't mind another Red Lodge revisit, I'll look out for BigJohns event. I just got all lost on mosquito's being larger than bike's etc. You guys flip flop more than the pancakes at Josie's Waffle House. :)

Don- U know you likey that Axe-Chick. She'll chop yur wood and split it all in one swing stroke. ;)

Lol Don ol' buddy. As I sit here after my 14 fucking hour shift today , sucking down some Crown Royal ( ok my 8th ) and see your post (Manitoba) ha ha ha . Stop it already!!! Calabogie makes perfect sense to me. Ha ha ha 2 useless arms....
https://www.calabogiemotorinn.ca +1, Gunny; JSNS, eh! Calabogie looks good to Papa Chuy Viejo. Hoser Billy Fitz name the dates next June (only 11 rooms), when you are done stroking your Kielbasa! If Owners Sue and Eric let Honda Lead Wing trash stay there, they certainly will welcome FJR's eh!

And only 600 miles away...I'm in!!!

Lol Don ol' buddy. As I sit here after my 14 fucking hour shift today , sucking down some Crown Royal ( ok my 8th ) and see your post (Manitoba) ha ha ha . Stop it already!!! Calabogie makes perfect sense to me. Ha ha ha 2 useless arms....
https://www.calabogiemotorinn.ca +1, Gunny; JSNS, eh! Calabogie looks good to Papa Chuy Viejo. Hoser Billy Fitz name the dates next June (only 11 rooms), when you are done stroking your Kielbasa! If Owners Sue and Eric let Honda Lead Wing trash stay there, they certainly will welcome FJR's eh!

And only 600 miles away...I'm in!!!
Good luck getting the Mounties to let you in...

Is it true that if you have a DWI conviction on your record, that Canada will not let you into their country? (for the record, I do not have a DWI conviction)

DWI is treated in Canada as a violation of the Criminal Code of Canada and therefore a violation of Federal law. Performance Awards on the other hand are under Provincial jurisdiction. Being tagged for being 50 kph (30 mph) over the posted limit is considered stunting and can lead to a $10,000 fine and immediate roadside impoundment of the vehicle in Ontario. In British Columbia the threshold is 40 kph.

You need to pick your spots carefully should you wish to ride at a sporty pace.

A Passport will be required for entering Canada from the States and please leave firearms at home. You can file a declaration to import rifles for hunting purposes though there are few open hunting seasons in June though BeemerDons season may be open if he mentions Mexico or Manitoba again.

Last edited by a moderator:
No drunks, no speeding...

That's not the image I had of the first CFR in 2007.

biggrin.png

I don't have a DUI either, but I was asked that at the border going into CA once.

I had an interesting conversation with the pleasant young lady at customs, telling her I was curious about it. She said they don't check anything. You could just say "no" and go in. If however you get in any trouble while there and they run your record and find out you lied about it, you'll be in even more trouble.

This was several years ago, don't treat it as advice. Just my experience that day.

I loved the CFRs that I have been to, great people, and great scenery...but you DO have to pick your spots on the roadways AND keep things tame, otherwise you could have a very bad day.

I will say this....in all the years of CFRs...I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone ever having a "very bad day".

I loved the CFRs that I have been to, great people, and great scenery...but you DO have to pick your spots AND keep things tame, otherwise you could have a very bad day.
I will say this....in all the years of CFRs...I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone ever having a "very bad day".
What the Hell Wheatie, did the motel give you a room without a mirror in it? JSNS, muy Feo ese!

I loved the CFRs that I have been to, great people, and great scenery...but you DO have to pick your spots AND keep things tame, otherwise you could have a very bad day.
What the Hell Wheatie, did the motel give you a room without a mirror in it? JSNS, muy Feo ese!
Never a bad day, cuz their Beer is so much betta than ours. Admittedly so. Hey!, they have to have sumtin over us Amerks!

They let me in, so Wheatie you are fine. "Mark" yur calendar when Billy draws a line in the sand tundra.
Easy for you to say KJ, you're still a young man; I'll have another heart attack and another motorcycle crash, before Billy Fitz gets off his fat ass!

Top_Speed1 wrote:
They let me in....
Customs people must have been drunk.

Easy for you to say KJ, you're still a young man; I'll have another heart attack and another motorcycle crash, before Billy Fitz gets off his fat ass!
So by that timeline I have another hour to get this done. JSNS.
tonguesmiley.gif

Billy Fitz, is Bodacious Barb going to organize this Competition Event again? yamafitter: It was very popular at the last BC CFR, Miss Donna said she'd enter "Steely Don", eh! JSNS, Wicked Beauty eh Hosers!

vibe.jpg