Check out my rack!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofreeride

Reaction score
2473649500103318019S600x600Q85.jpg

I had a JCW top case mounted to the stock rack, and although all that storage was handy, and my wife likes the backrest, I just couldn't get used to how ugly it was.

I made this up with some steel and the tools I have: chop saw, drill press, pipe bender, and welder. It uses all 5 of the stock mounting locations and hardware. Some advantages in my opinion: 1) looks better, 2) larger area, 3) level with the passenger seat so I can bungee on larger bags or luggage, 4) includes passenger grab rails, 5) I can still mount a top box on occasion when needed. I'm thinking about designing or adapting a removable backrest for this setup as well.

Not interested in making more. There are plenty of other nice racks to be had for the back of your FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a thread title like that, I clicked pretty quickly....

After dealing with the initial dissapointment, I'd like to say that that's a nice luggage rack you have there. Looks good.

Alexi

I had a JCW top case mounted to the stock rack, and although all that storage was handy, and my wife likes the backrest, I just couldn't get used to how ugly it was.
I made this up with some steel and the tools I have: chop saw, drill press, pipe bender, and welder. It uses all 5 of the stock mounting locations and hardware. Some advantages in my opinion: 1) looks better, 2) larger area, 3) level with the passenger seat so I can bungee on larger bags or luggage, 4) includes passenger grab rails, 5) I can still mount a top box on occasion when needed. I'm thinking about designing or adapting a removable backrest for this setup as well.

Not interested in making more. There are plenty of other nice racks to be had for the back of your FJR.

Good work! It looks good.