Clearwater Darla lights mount options?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisz

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've picked up a set of Darla lights from a member here, but am wondering where to mount them. Is the fender location a possibility? Does anyone have a photo of them mounted that they could post? Also, where did you install the power control knob?

Thanks in advance.

Chris...

On my 2016, I bought the fender mount from Clearwater that is designed for the FJR. Pretty sturdy mount. The light ends up being about an inch below and an inch in front of the fender bolt. I mounted the control on the right handle bar using the control mounting bolt.

Last edited by a moderator:
That works great as long as you have the smaller lights.

16113150_10154965144674628_3702832292571191682_o.jpg

Down on the forks is where they go. Clearwater makes a sturdy powdercoated stainless steel mount that was designed for the FJR. It goes where the side reflectors are mounted on your forks. The mount allows you to adjust the beam up or down as needed. I believe you could contact the company and order a set of the mounts if the previous owner didn't supply them.

They also have a very slick cover that fits over the lights--easy to put on or off but very secure. You can have a clear lens in this cover, but I have amber lenses in mine that make you stand out from the rest of the traffic on the road unbelievably, besides protecting the lenses from possible damage from rocks or whatever. I recommend them highly.

My control knob is on the left handle bar where you can adjust it while keeping your right hand on the throttle. Better than mounting it on the panel because the wires don't complicate panel removal there. I'd post pictures, but I never really bothered to try to get back into the picture posting business after Photobucket took a crap on everybody. Sorry.