cold weather

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 105F is pretty ipmressive. I get cranky at about 90F. (Okay, I'm already cranky in general, but I tend to express my crankiness more at about 90F. Shut up, Pete!) But for lows, I've seen mid 20's without any serious problems. Not sure how low I'd go.
You forgot to mention Mason-Dixon Rally, Saturday afternoon, Holland Tunnel and NYC. You were a little more than cranky that day!!!

I used to commute 60 miles to work everyday year round except snow or ice. Saw temps in single digits a few times. Bike never had an issue. Company gave me a vehicle, but I am sorely missing riding every day now.

Pete

Wow, 105F is pretty ipmressive. I get cranky at about 90F. (Okay, I'm already cranky in general, but I tend to express my crankiness more at about 90F. Shut up, Pete!) But for lows, I've seen mid 20's without any serious problems. Not sure how low I'd go.
You forgot to mention Mason-Dixon Rally, Saturday afternoon, Holland Tunnel and NYC. You were a little more than cranky that day!!!

I used to commute 60 miles to work everyday year round except snow or ice. Saw temps in single digits a few times. Bike never had an issue. Company gave me a vehicle, but I am sorely missing riding every day now.

Pete
I think his crankyness is job related :nuke: , i get the same way when i see i have to go there & deliver :eek:hwell:

FLORIDA!!! Nuff Said! Sorry, I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:
:fuck: My brother inlaw says the same thing to me.
I feel your pain Roadstar. Trust Me. Born and Raised in the Bronx, nine blocks from Yankee Stadium. Getting into Aircraft Maintenance

as a kid got me traveling all over the country. I got sent to Panama City, FL for three weeks when I was 19 and had a rental Car and Nice Hotel Room.

Best part was it was smack in the middle of Spring Break! :clapping: I thought I had died and went to Tequila soaked, Bikini Clad, Conga Line HEAVEN!! :D

NYC never looked to same to me after that. Got the Hell outta there shortly after that. Never looked back! :lol:

I feel your pain Roadstar. Trust Me. Born and Raised in the Bronx, nine blocks from Yankee Stadium. Getting into Aircraft Maintenance

as a kid got me traveling all over the country. I got sent to Panama City, FL for three weeks when I was 19 and had a rental Car and Nice Hotel Room.

Best part was it was smack in the middle of Spring Break! :clapping: I thought I had died and went to Tequila soaked, Bikini Clad, Conga Line HEAVEN!! :D

NYC never looked to same to me after that. Got the Hell outta there shortly after that. Never looked back! :lol:
AH! a new yorky ;) I moved off long island back in 99 (just before the computer crash & the world was going to end) :p If i didn`t have this good paying job with great benifits i`d be there. (wife would move in a second) guess i`ll just have to wait for The big R to get down there :angry:

AH! a new yorky ;) I moved off long island back in 99 (just before the computer crash & the world was going to end) :p If i didn`t have this good paying job with great benifits i`d be there. (wife would move in a second) guess i`ll just have to wait for The big R to get down there :angry:
Don't Worry. It'll be here waiting for you. :rolleyes:

Love riding in the winter. Here's a shot from the top of the Cherohala Skyway January 2011.

01-30-11%20Top%20of%20the%20Cherohala.jpg

I remember once, it was so cold, the thermometer broke. We had to wear multiple scarfs over our mouths to keep from freezing our lung tissue. It was so cold that the rear tire literally shattered when I dropped the bike off the center stand. In fact, it was so cold that I actually froze-to-death before I could make it back from the garage to the house. My neighbors propped me up, next to the stove, and they think I will probably thaw out...about early June.

I remember once, it was so cold, the thermometer broke. We had to wear multiple scarfs over our mouths to keep from freezing our lung tissue. It was so cold that the rear tire literally shattered when I dropped the bike off the center stand. In fact, it was so cold that I actually froze-to-death before I could make it back from the garage to the house. My neighbors propped me up, next to the stove, and they think I will probably thaw out...about early June.
Got so cold here one time the words froze as we were talking.

Tried thawin' 'em out on the wood stove so we could hear each other, but the damn fire kept freezin' up too...

:cold:

Florida... can get a little chilly as well. Yesterday morning I got up to 19 degrees and the high temp for our beautiful sunny Tuesday was about 46. Though it's normally closer to 68 or so during the day this time of year, it can get pretty cold in the Sunshine State once in a while.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:

Tried thawin' 'em out on the wood stove so we could hear each other, but the damn fire kept freezin' up too...

I hate when that happens!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes the words fall in the fire and you never do find out what you were saying!! :rolleyes:

I seem to remember the winters from my childhood, the snow was deeper and we had to walk uphill to school both ways

Florida... can get a little chilly as well. Yesterday morning I got up to 19 degrees and the high temp for our beautiful sunny Tuesday was about 46. Though it's normally closer to 68 or so during the day this time of year, it can get pretty cold in the Sunshine State once in a while.

Gary

darksider #44
The news said that Seattle was warmer than Florida yesterday morning :glare:

I hate when that happens!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes the words fall in the fire and you never do find out what you were saying!! :rolleyes:

You boys been readin' the old Paul Bunyan stories again, eh? An old quote from famous Canuckistanian Don Harron (Charlie Farquharson on Hee Haw), "'twas cold enough to frost the knots off a blue spruce!" Then there was that awful deep freeze we had in Toronto a few years back, the lawyers were so cold that they had their hands in their own pockets..........