Corbin passenger backrest + Givi E52 case?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dblhelix

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has real world experience using a Corbin passenger packrest on an '08 with a Givi E52 topbox mounted with a Premier Cycle accessories rack. I called both manufactures (Corbin and PMA) and they are not sure if there is sufficient clearance for the Corbin backrest and case...PMA indicates with the PMA backrest on the topbox is a no go. The Corbin backrest looks more forward, in front of the passenger grab rail so there could be clearance. Of course that forces the passenger more forward too which could be bad.

I searched this forum (and others) but could not find a specific answer. Some of the Honda ST folks indicate this combo allows both to function on their ride but the topbox cannot be fully opened as it bumps into the backrest. I have a pad on the Givi but the wifey complains a bit due to the topbox shaking/bouncing her around. I figure a solid mounted passenger rest would resolve. Appreciate any help and real experience would be most helpful!

Even if you could fit it, you wouldn't be able to open the top box, which kind of defeats its whole purpose.

Most folks just remove the backrest when they mount a top box and vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a corbin seat with a backrest and the givi e52. I'll check the fit with both tomorrow. I usually run one or the other. I think the backrest will work with the e52, however I'm pretty sure you won't be able to lift the lid completely.

Thanks, greatly appreciate your checking. What kind of mounting rack do you have? Givi system, PMA rack or other? BTW - does your passenger(s) like the corbin w/backrest for the most part?

Just checked! The E52 lid will open all the way with the corbin seat and backrest using the PMA rack. My pillion likes the seat but thinks it pushes her a little closer to me than she likes.

Great! Are you willing to take a pic of the setup and post it? I can imagine pretty well, but a pic goes a long way...no worries either way. Thanks

Great! Are you willing to take a pic of the setup and post it? I can imagine pretty well, but a pic goes a long way...no worries either way. Thanks
I'm getting ready to leave for Deal's Gap right after work today. Depending on time I'll get a pic for you tonight. Otherwise it'll have to wait until I get back next week.