Corbin seat Purchase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruiser

Reaction score
Im thinking of purchasing a Corbin seat,does anyone know if the seat will give me a little more foot to the ground

,they say with the seat on it gives you 29 ".Im a bit of a short ass and need a little more stability when coming to a stop.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Just remember if you lower the seat height you will have to bend your knees more. I think that might present a problem for me

so i don't think i will get a lower seat for mine

Im thinking of purchasing a Corbin seat,does anyone know if the seat will give me a little more foot to the ground,they say with the seat on it gives you 29 ".Im a bit of a short ass and need a little more stability when coming to a stop.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
I have a 2009 FJR. I added the Corbin seat in May. You remove the seat adjustment piece from under the factory seat before installing the Corbin seat.

It does lower the seat height by about an inch. It looks good and rides good.

I have a 29 in. inseam and got a Corbin for my 06. The seat is very comfortable, and I can just about flat-foot it now. You will find the reach to the foot pegs is a little short, but it is worth it to gain the extra control at stops, parking and backing up.

Im thinking of purchasing a Corbin seat,does anyone know if the seat will give me a little more foot to the ground,they say with the seat on it gives you 29 ".Im a bit of a short ass and need a little more stability when coming to a stop.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
I put a new Corbin on my 08 this spring,,, gained a little foot to the ground contact...

sort of like going from almost the balls of your feet ,, to a solid ball of your feet feel...

The bike doesn't feel quite as tall ,,, and there seems to be a little more stability when stopped..

It's not going to turn it into a 27" , 28" cruiser high seat ,,,

but it does help us short legged individuals a bit.........

The Corbin's are Firm ,,,,, sort of like light weight concrete firm ,,,, but I find them comfortable

for long rides... Much More Better than any stock seat I've ever been on......

One note about the corbin, I have one also. Is that they are wider at the inner part of your thighs resting over the seat. If you can get them to narrow it about one half inch on each ar up to oe inch you will get more leg to ground.

I agree with the others in that it does lower you about an inch, but the trade off is less leg room. It does make the bike feel a little more planted at a stop. I like it better than stock, but the seat is not as comfortable as I thought it would be compared to other aftermarket seats I have owned.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
Rick,

We have the same year and model bike, and mine has a Corbin on it... stop by and try it on for size before you buy one. PM me for address etc.

Jeff