Covered Bridges of Southern NH 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll be grabbing lunch at Diamond Pizza on Rte 12 in Walpole, NH (417 Main St.) and should be arriving there at just after noon, in case anyone wants to meet us there for just the second half of the ride.
I'll add a reminder that Diamond Pizza no longer takes debit or credit cards so you will have to bring real cash money. Fiddleheads does still take plastic. (For those that didn't see this Public Service Announcement there is an ATM across the street.)
Good point!!

Also, for Sunday, Rollins State Park will not take plastic for the entrance fee. DAMHIKT!! :rolleyes:

At least the ride up to the gate and back was enjoyable... :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty then...

This is the kind of weather forecast I can get behind!!

Note those zeroes after the precipitation percentages for Saturday and Sunday!! :yahoo:

Weather.jpg

PS - I have uploaded updated versions of the GPS files for this ride.

They are at the same links as previously mentioned in post #1.

These files have the combined Saturday's and Sunday's routes as well as the bonus route from Hopkinton to Goffstown on Saturday after the bridges.

2011_Covered_Bridges_Tour.gdb - Gamin proprietary DataBase format

2011_Covered_Bridges_Tour.gpx - Generic gPs eXchange format

Now thats some weather I can consider as worth the wait! :good:

Now to rub some of the shinny off that new front tire! Again thanks for your sat. morning and showing me how it is done Fred W. style! ;)

Just got another forecast for the weekend. The Foliage Color forecast says that as we go west and north we will be enjoying moderate to moderate/high foliage color.

I am planning on making this ride but don't wait up for us if we aren't there in time for KSU. We will catch up along the way if we don't see you there.

Dave

Looks like the weather is going to be great-have a great time all. I will be in upstate NY riding in the woods.

I am planning on making this ride but don't wait up for us if we aren't there in time for KSU. We will catch up along the way if we don't see you there.

Dave

Why do I not doubt this? I only ponder if you'll have any reflectors left when we do meet up. :p
Going to be a while before I can live that one down. ;) All I needed was another inch or so.

That's great, Al.

It's suppose to be nice weather all weekend and considerably warmer than it is today. Should be a great weekend to camp out.

For those riders headed over to the Covered Bridges ride from the Manchester, NH area, on Saturday morning we can meet up and ride on over to Fiddleheads together across a few nice roads.

There is a big Irving / Circle K gas station, complete with a Dunkin Donuts, not too far from the intersection of Routes 101 and 114 in Bedford. The address is 8 White Avenue in Bedford. On Google maps, it's right here.

If we meet there at a little before 8AM, it's roughly 40 minutes over to Hancock from there, and we should still have enough time to grab a little breakfast at Fiddleheads when we get there before it's KSU for the Bridges.

And hey... Don't forget your cameras!!

That's great, Al.

It's suppose to be nice weather all weekend and considerably warmer than it is today. Should be a great weekend to camp out.

For those riders headed over to the Covered Bridges ride from the Manchester, NH area, on Saturday morning we can meet up and ride on over to Fiddleheads together across a few nice roads.

There is a big Irving / Circle K gas station, complete with a Dunkin Donuts, not too far from the intersection of Routes 101 and 114 in Bedford. The address is 8 White Avenue in Bedford. On Google maps, it's right here.

If we meet there at a little before 8AM, it's roughly 40 minutes over to Hancock from there, and we should still have enough time to grab a little breakfast at Fiddleheads when we get there before it's KSU for the Bridges.

And hey... Don't forget your cameras!!

Great We will meet you there!

Approximate nose count:

Fred W

ionbeam

MarFJR

FJReady

John (FJReady's biking bud)

Willie

BigOgre

bmattimiro

bluejag

ALDAWG

Papa Georgio

bbdig

08FJR4ME

Asphalt Junkies Paul & Gina = 2 bikes

RossKean (possible)

Red07FJR (possible, second half of the ride)

Geezer

Where the heck is Dennis and the Junkie’s?? :dntknw:

Don’t tell me they all have home improvement going on in the last of this great weather! :hyper: