Covered Bridges of Southern NH 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where the heck is Dennis and the Junkie's?? :dntknw:

Don't tell me they all have home improvement going on in the last of this great weather! :hyper:
Updated the list. It's beginning to look like it's Dennis' style to post that he is coming about 30 minutes after KSU, and then plan to meet us half way in Keene a la Woodsman ;) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting out the long underwear, :angry2: will join you at Fiddleheads. :yahoo: No Pillion, she has too much work to catch up on after taking a week off.

No, but who knows what we'll find along the way.
Ah, yes. The FJR is a great chick magnet.

Or is it that bright solid yellow helmet that draws them in like flies? :p

Getting out the long underwear, :angry2: will join you at Fiddleheads. :yahoo: No Pillion, she has too much work to catch up on after taking a week off.
Great news, Jack!!

The weatherman says 53 degrees at our 9AM KSU in Hancock.

But warming up to high 70's maybe even 80 by the end of the day.

And still zero percent chance of precip all day!!

Fred-be advised that if you are planning to ride to the summit of Mt Kearsarge on Sunday that Warner is having their "Fall Foliage Festival" going on in town this weekend. IIRC no cars are allowed into town and the only way to get in is a shuttle bus from either exit 8 or 9 off Rt 89. Maybe they will allow motorcycles but doubtful. I avoid Warner this time of year. Good luck. Disregard if already been discussed.

Thanks for the warning, Skip. I'll investigate right away.

Edit - OK, looks like there is still a way to the MT road. We'll just have to adjust our route from there to Flying Goose.

I've got it all covered.

Thanks again Skip. You are a life saver. :thumbsup:

Are you making a cameo appearance?

Are you making a cameo appearance?
I sold my KLR this summer so I'm down to a Yamaha WR250R. Only dirt and paved back roads for me now. I'm still putting on rides. I'm hosting the 2nd annual "Over the River & Through the Woods Run" on Columbus Day from Pats Peak. The color looks to be about 2 weeks behind this year but we got the good weather. Can't have it all.

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728918

Don't tell me they all have home improvement going on in the last of this great weather! :hyper:
Updated the list. It's beginning to look like it's Dennis' style to post that he is coming about 30 minutes after KSU, and then plan to meet us half way in Keene a la Woodsman ;) :lol:
Okay twist my arm...

Hmm, spend a beautiful day working at home, or go for a ride with a such a fun bunch? We'll see all y'all at Fiddleheads!

Okay twist my arm...

Hmm, spend a beautiful day working at home, or go for a ride with a such a fun bunch? We'll see all y'all at Fiddleheads!
AWSOME! :clapping:

Just called Dennis and left him a Voice Mail message... Let's see if he can find us before Lunch :rolleyes:

Some additional notes for those planning on attending: Don't worry about fueling up before the ride. I have a gas stop scheduled in only 10 miles into the ride so we can synchronize fueling, and the total route is only 160 miles.
Synchronized Fueling? Is this like Synchronized Swimming? Do we need to hold a rehearsal?

Some additional notes for those planning on attending: Don't worry about fueling up before the ride. I have a gas stop scheduled in only 10 miles into the ride so we can synchronize fueling, and the total route is only 160 miles.
Synchronized Fueling? Is this like Synchronized Swimming? Do we need to hold a rehearsal?
Read the icon at the bottom of your post. NERD.

Okay twist my arm...

AWSOME! :clapping:

Just called Dennis and left him a Voice Mail message... Let's see if he can find us before Lunch :rolleyes:
Hey Tony, thanks for the voice mail. I'm not really sure of my schedule tomorrow -- I know we have some kid activities to attend to because a few things got moved out due to my daughter going to this camping trip for school (every other school goes to Washington D.C. but Bedford goes to Mt. Cardigan for two days to camp and so her activities moved to Friday/Saturday makeups); this leaves only Sunday for me to take care of my weekend work. So from what I can tell, I won't be there -- bummin' on that.

You'all lucked out with some warm weather coming -- highs in the 80s tomorrow.

Anyway, if there's any chance of breaking away I will.

Have fun you'all.

Dennis

In Lake Placid tonight and was headed your way..may try and make to lunch stop in Walpole to say "hey" and take in 2nd half of the ride. Adirondacks were great this afternoon and looking forward to more great scenery tomorrow!

Yes, I will have some more fun with a bad Joke. Followed this new Avatar home after the ride today! :p

Thanks, for a great day out! :clapping: I think a group ride is the only thing that can get me and Sandi out of bed before 7:00 am. On the weekend. We are both ready to do it again tomorrow morning! :sleepysmileyanim:

Great to meet the new and the old familiar faces for such a great ride. I think besides the NERDS event this is my favorite ride. The views never get boring and every once in awhile we see some of my favorite stuff.

No not the drive by COW pile, :skull: but the fresh clean blacktop that you just seem to glide over. :thumbsup:

I will add our picks at some point .. If I have a few that don’t look to redundant

I'm definitely considering going. It's that 7:45am thing that has me weirded out. My wife gave me the ok so I got over that hurdle. Daughter is having another sleep over so we'll probably be half done with the ride before they wake up.

I'm not sure if 7:45 is a KSU thing but if it is, I'll be there a little early to get fuel and possibly some coffee.

Dennis

Made it home! 12 hours and 45 min's door 2 door with another 429 miles on th Feej.

Had a great time and the pace was just right. Nice meeting new folks,

Thanks Fred, great job againl.

Dave & Ann